Edward Jones Behavioral Interview

79 replies [Last post]
dlc008's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-02-12

Well I have moved quite quickly through the first parts of the interview process for Edward Jones. I have my behavioral interview on Wednesday and was just wondering if any of you guys could help me out with what I may expect? My recruiter seems to like me, my FA referral on my app. turned out to be her FA so that isn't too shabby. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

gethardgetraw's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-10-22

Tell him you absolutely refuse to door knock (see: pride) and you're more into the analytical, quantitative methods of finding the fair value of a stock rather than trying to sell it to a stranger (who buys stock from a broker anyway?! see: Scottrade). Also tell him you think the business model as a whole is flawed and in 20 years everyone will be day-trading their way to retirement (see: Scottrade).
 
~hope this helps~

Wet_Blanket's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-13

Be sure to tell them you aren't "afraid" to "bend the rules" to get the sale done. ABC!

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

Ask him if they review employee's hard drives for child porn.  You don't want to be restricted in any way.
 
Oh and ask if they sell index annuities

joelv72's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-28

Tell him that you plan on making at least 35 qualified contacts door to door per day, and that you hope to one day individually serve 2,000 households with an average account size of $10,000.  That should get his/her attention.

Mr.Blonde's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-10-06

Ask how much vacation time you get and their policy on office relationships

DD's picture
DD
Offline
Joined: 2009-11-21

Low producing douche bags are all you will find here

3rdyrp2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-13

DD wrote:Low producing douche bags are all you will find here
 
With your heroic post this thread now contains at least one set of "high producing...bags".
 
Thanks!

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

dlc008 wrote:Well I have moved quite quickly through the first parts of the interview process for Edward Jones. I have my behavioral interview on Wednesday and was just wondering if any of you guys could help me out with what I may expect? My recruiter seems to like me, my FA referral on my app. turned out to be her FA so that isn't too shabby. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
 
Everyone does.

SometimesNowhere's picture
Joined: 2008-12-22

Tell them you plan on starting a hedge fund out of your office.

Billy Mays's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-07-11

Poor guy, can't ask an honest question! Sorry, dlc008.
 
As for your question, just keep your pants on and you will get an offer.
If it is a phone interview, make sure you let the interviewer know that your pants are on.
 

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

Billy Mays wrote:Poor guy, can't ask an honest question! Sorry, dlc008.
 
As for your question, just keep your pants on and you will get an offer.
If it is a phone interview, make sure you let the interviewer know that your pants are on.
 
 
That is for the phone interview. When you actually interview with an FA in the field pants are completely off. Shoes, socks, shirt, tie, jacket, no pants, no briefs

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

DD wrote:Low producing douche bags are all you will find here
 
Tell them your name is "Double D" on a message board and you percieve yourself as a chick

richchick's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-02-06

The behavioral interview can make or break your hiring process. Try googling "behavior-based questions" on the internet to get an idea of what kind of questions they are likely to ask. I did that, and I practiced about 10 different scenarios where I "showed I was capable of leadership" or "completed a project independently" etc. etc and I still got rejected by Jones after the interview. My RL gave me the silver bullet and I got through. Also, be ready to tell what an awesome experience you had while visiting an FA at a local Jones office. Good luck. - rc

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

richchick wrote: The behavioral interview can make or break your hiring process. Try googling "behavior-based questions" on the internet to get an idea of what kind of questions they are likely to ask. I did that, and I practiced about 10 different scenarios where I "showed I was capable of leadership" or "completed a project independently" etc. etc and I still got rejected by Jones after the interview. My RL gave me the silver bullet and I got through. Also, be ready to tell what an awesome experience you had while visiting an FA at a local Jones office. Good luck. - rc

I will be honest.......anyone that has to google that to pass a EJ exam is not for the business.

dlc008's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-02-12

Lack of pride has nothing to do with door knocking. It's like a small business and people want to see you when you're new to them in the area. I'm not gonna trust some guy that just called me on the phone. But maybe if the guy comes to see me I would give them a chance.

If I was "more into the analytical, quantitative methods of finding the fair value of a stock" I would go to be analyst or just stayed at the university to get my MS in Finance. I learned that in intro to FIN 381 my friend and most people I talk to don't care too much to hear about it, they wanna know some rates and what money they can get.

Lastly, nobody is going to day-trade their way to retirement. They'll day-trade their way into poverty because they "think" they know what they're doing. And the model isn't flawed. I haven't seen Jones merging or going out of business or even laying anyone off in these tuff times.

Welp, thats all I have to say about that.

Mr.Blonde's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-10-06

dlc008 wrote:Lack of pride has nothing to do with door knocking. It's like a small business and people want to see you when you're new to them in the area. I'm not gonna trust some guy that just called me on the phone. But maybe if the guy comes to see me I would give them a chance. If I was "more into the analytical, quantitative methods of finding the fair value of a stock" I would go to be analyst or just stayed at the university to get my MS in Finance. I learned that in intro to FIN 381 my friend and most people I talk to don't care too much to hear about it, they wanna know some rates and what money they can get. Lastly, nobody is going to day-trade their way to retirement. They'll day-trade their way into poverty because they "think" they know what they're doing. And the model isn't flawed. I haven't seen Jones merging or going out of business or even laying anyone off in these tuff times. Welp, thats all I have to say about that.

Another hint, don't quote Forrest Gump in your interview, makes you sound stupider than you really are.

dlc008's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-02-12

Mr. Blonde was a crazy guy. I keep Forrest Gump quotes to a minimum.

inlandTX's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-08-25

mlgone wrote: richchick wrote: The behavioral interview can make or break your hiring process. Try googling "behavior-based questions" on the internet to get an idea of what kind of questions they are likely to ask. I did that, and I practiced about 10 different scenarios where I "showed I was capable of leadership" or "completed a project independently" etc. etc and I still got rejected by Jones after the interview. My RL gave me the silver bullet and I got through. Also, be ready to tell what an awesome experience you had while visiting an FA at a local Jones office. Good luck. - rc I will be honest.......anyone that has to google that to pass a EJ exam is not for the business.
 
 
I'm with you there. You are really over-thinking this thing. If you have to bone up to pass a personality test, you have bigger issues than getting in at EdJ. Just be honest.
 
HINT: Jones wants people who admit they don't always want to play nice with others. We're a one-guy-in-an-office kind of place, after all.

dlc008's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-02-12

Had the interview today. Didn't really practice or anything, just had my resume in front of me and pulled stories from my past jobs for answers to her questions. She liked me and told me we would schedule my last f2f interview once the results of my background check come in in 3-5 days. Thanks to any of the people that aren't d-bags that posted on here.

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

dlc008 wrote:Had the interview today. Didn't really practice or anything, just had my resume in front of me and pulled stories from my past jobs for answers to her questions. She liked me and told me we would schedule my last f2f interview once the results of my background check come in in 3-5 days. Thanks to any of the people that aren't d-bags that posted on here.
 
That eliminates a lot of people here

donte_drink&drive's picture
Joined: 2010-02-12

congrats on moving on dlc but let me help with something...when you
said EJ has not been laying people off, you were severely mistaken. 
You always here sales is a Numbers game, well that is what EJ is
playing, a numbers game.  You'll get hired and fly up to St. Louis and
spend a week learning how to knock on doors.  Hundreds of people will
be there and you'll have about 15-20 people in your class.  On average,
about 2-3 people in your class will make it to PDP and on average, EJ
will fire all but 1 person per class after 3-5 years.  They essentially
send out a small army to knock on doors, market the firm, and bring in some business, but
get rid of them and give the business to tenured FA's.  A girl in
Charlotte needed to make one more sale to get to PDP.  She managed to get
a $500,000 sale (in mutual funds) and should have gone to PDP. 
However, EJ fired her the day before the check came in.  Now a senior
FA has that $500,000

donte_drink&drive's picture
Joined: 2010-02-12

"And the model isn't flawed. I haven't seen Jones merging or going out
of business or even laying anyone off in these tuff times."Also, that is false, they just had to sell all of their European Branch/Offices at an extreme loss

inlandTX's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-08-25

donte_drink&drive wrote: congrats on moving on dlc but let me help with something...when you said EJ has not been laying people off, you were severely mistaken.  You always here sales is a Numbers game, well that is what EJ is playing, a numbers game.  You'll get hired and fly up to St. Louis and spend a week learning how to knock on doors.  Hundreds of people will be there and you'll have about 15-20 people in your class.  On average, about 2-3 people in your class will make it to PDP and on average, EJ will fire all but 1 person per class after 3-5 years.  They essentially send out a small army to knock on doors, market the firm, and bring in some business, but get rid of them and give the business to tenured FA's.  A girl in Charlotte needed to make one more sale to get to PDP.  She managed to get a $500,000 sale (in mutual funds) and should have gone to PDP.  However, EJ fired her the day before the check came in.  Now a senior FA has that $500,000

 
Is somebody bitter? Holding reps to performance standards is not called "laying off" - they weren't cut for lack of corporate activity. This is called "cutting out the dead weight".
 
Jones has some of the lowest production standards in the industry, so if these guys were cut by Jones, they'd have been eaten alive at the breakfast buffet at some of the wirehouses.
 
Your "I-know-a-gal" anecdote doesn't pass the smell test to me. She only needed 26 accounts, $2250 Net and XXX number of prospects to qualify for PDP - - - AFTER 17 weeks in the field. My guess is she was either really low in account numbers or wasn't prospecting, and they weren't going to let one big sale save a person who otherwise wouldn't cut it.
 
Consider it a mercy killing, because there are a lot of guys I've seen pass through PDP who probably shouldn't have been sent, who later starve and have to leave anyway.

inlandTX's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-08-25

donte_drink&drive wrote: "And the model isn't flawed. I haven't seen Jones merging or going out of business or even laying anyone off in these tuff times."Also, that is false, they just had to sell all of their European Branch/Offices at an extreme loss

 
This is true but you're spinning a bit here - Jones did sell its UK branches (we didn't have any in Europe, just the UK. If I remember correctly it was less than 300 brokers in total, out of 12,000+ firm-wide.
 
The UK operations were never profitable and increasing the branch count was making the matter worse, not better. It has a lot to do with real estate and labor costs in the UK that make the EdJ model impractical. We didn't have to sell the UK operation; we chose to sell rather than compromise the single-broker office model. And even then, no one was laid off - the home office staff who supported the UK were re-absorbed back into the US / Canadian operations.
 
The biggest gripes you will hear around Jones as a result of the recession is that there was a year-long wage freeze (but no layoffs), some of the Goodknight and Legacy offices were put on hold for longer than normal, and partner bonuses were gone for most of last year. There is talk of cutting underperforming rookies earlier than week 17 and having underperforming FA's in higher Segments revert back to lower Segments if their production is below standards, but I don't know how true that is. 
 
I know this will curl the toes of all the Jones haters here, but the company really is doing just fine.

donte_drink&drive's picture
Joined: 2010-02-12

Bitter?  I have nothing to be bitter about with Jones, I'm just telling him how it really goes.  On average, 1 person in the class of 15 will make it but all 15 will do something to benefit Jones (for the most part) which is why they continue to do it.  As for the girl, she is not in my region so I have no idea about the detail surrounding her situation, but you cannot deny the fact EDJ is quick to cut/fire new FA's.  Not that I completely blame them, I'm simply telling the guy how it works.  Even my RL will tell you that about 1 out of ten New FA's will make it for more than 5 years

Moraen's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-01-22

Actually, when I was still at Jones (haha Still@jones), there was a guy who got cut two weeks before PDP, after he had deposited a $600k check and was going to make the trades.  He got the call on the way back from the bank, after the deposit was made (and entered into the Jones system).I actually know this for a fact, because he used my office to do it.  Would have qualified right off the bat.The joke was on Jones though.  He immediately walked into an RJ office and was hired and the 600k was pulled from Jones (and yes, I'm sure Jones didn't care all that much).The UK was going to fail from the beginning.  Where did the brokers go?Of course Jones is doing just fine.  The business model is actually pretty good.  And they are getting more ruthless (which is a good thing sometimes).

LockEDJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-07-06

donte_drink&drive wrote:... but you cannot deny the fact EDJ is quick to cut/fire new FA's ...
 
Yes, yes I can. I know of several people that were kept at really, really low production levels for months, if not years. Right now in my region we have a couple of people that I don't think have ever been above expectations and consistently been significantly below. But I know that they work hard, "do the right things" (FAST adopters, attend meetings, follow the recipe), run a good business.
 
Overall, the company has a great heart and does the right thing.

Lawrence's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-01-04

inlandTX wrote: HINT: Jones wants people who admit they don't always want to play nice with others. We're a one-guy-in-an-office kind of place, after all.

I am always amazed that the Jones model works.

As a career changer, I could never work for Jones because I am certain I would fail. For me to get through each day, I need to be able to draw on the experience, comradery and synergy I get when I'm in my office and I see other people in the struggle.

I would agree with InlandTX that most Jones reps have either a social aversion...or, my opinion, they like to drink at work. Not that there's anything wrong with either - it's just not my style.

B24's picture
B24
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-08

donte_drink&drive wrote: congrats on moving on dlc but let me help with something...when you said EJ has not been laying people off, you were severely mistaken.  You always here sales is a Numbers game, well that is what EJ is playing, a numbers game.  You'll get hired and fly up to St. Louis and spend a week learning how to knock on doors.  Hundreds of people will be there and you'll have about 15-20 people in your class.  On average, about 2-3 people in your class will make it to PDP and on average, EJ will fire all but 1 person per class after 3-5 years.  They essentially send out a small army to knock on doors, market the firm, and bring in some business, but get rid of them and give the business to tenured FA's.  A girl in Charlotte needed to make one more sale to get to PDP.  She managed to get a $500,000 sale (in mutual funds) and should have gone to PDP.  However, EJ fired her the day before the check came in.  Now a senior FA has that $500,000
 
I hear you, but your numbers are flawed.  I am out almost 5 years, and about 45% of my entire class (out of maybe 85-100?) is still with Jones.  I can check it in the system.  More than half my own class (like 12 people) are still here. 
 
2-3 people out of 15-20 go back to PDP?  That is just way off.  They fire everyone but 1 after 3-5 years?  So that would mean that out of 100 or so people, about 7 will make it.  Not even close.  That would mean for them to keep hitting their growth goals (such as last year, to keep like 900 net new FA's), they would need to actually hire like 12,000 new FA's per year.  You are just way off.

Lawrence's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-01-04

5% make it 5 years - his numbers seem right on; although the early attrition seems a little steep.

Mr.Blonde's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-10-06

B24 wrote:donte_drink&drive wrote: congrats on moving on dlc but let me help with something...when you said EJ has not been laying people off, you were severely mistaken.  You always here sales is a Numbers game, well that is what EJ is playing, a numbers game.  You'll get hired and fly up to St. Louis and spend a week learning how to knock on doors.  Hundreds of people will be there and you'll have about 15-20 people in your class.  On average, about 2-3 people in your class will make it to PDP and on average, EJ will fire all but 1 person per class after 3-5 years.  They essentially send out a small army to knock on doors, market the firm, and bring in some business, but get rid of them and give the business to tenured FA's.  A girl in Charlotte needed to make one more sale to get to PDP.  She managed to get a $500,000 sale (in mutual funds) and should have gone to PDP.  However, EJ fired her the day before the check came in.  Now a senior FA has that $500,000
 
I hear you, but your numbers are flawed.  I am out almost 5 years, and about 45% of my entire class (out of maybe 85-100?) is still with Jones.  I can check it in the system.  More than half my own class (like 12 people) are still here. 
 
2-3 people out of 15-20 go back to PDP?  That is just way off.  They fire everyone but 1 after 3-5 years?  So that would mean that out of 100 or so people, about 7 will make it.  Not even close.  That would mean for them to keep hitting their growth goals (such as last year, to keep like 900 net new FA's), they would need to actually hire like 12,000 new FA's per year.  You are just way off.
 
2-3 going back to PDP isn't quite right but not that off out five years. I had 20 in my class, 6 are still in the industry, 3 still with Jones, 2 of those inherited small books and hit seg 3 but aren't doing anywhere close to seg 3 numbersand are thinking of leaving. The one other started from scratch and is still there, no idea how he is doing though.

inlandTX's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-08-25

Moraen wrote:Actually, when I was still at Jones (haha Still@jones), there was a guy who got cut two weeks before PDP, after he had deposited a $600k check and was going to make the trades.  He got the call on the way back from the bank, after the deposit was made (and entered into the Jones system).I actually know this for a fact, because he used my office to do it.  Would have qualified right off the bat.

 
Again, my guess would be that he was lagging in all of the other areas. It's not just gross commission that keeps a person around - being active in the region and having a plausible pipeline is much more important than scoring one big fish. I bet the guy had 8-9 accounts out of the required 26 and that's why he was dropped.
 
Another case in point - we recently had a guy (who was a banker for years) come in and score a big sale right out of Eval/Grad - his commission was high enough he literally qualified for PDP in week 1, but by week 17 he had only 6 accounts. It was obvious he wasn't doing the work.  So they cut him after giving him an extra 4 weeks to open another 8 accounts. Turns out later that the big sale was also an in-law.
 
Jones can't rely just on one metric to decide whether or not to keep a guy.

inlandTX's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-08-25

Lawrence wrote: inlandTX wrote: HINT: Jones wants people who admit they don't always want to play nice with others. We're a one-guy-in-an-office kind of place, after all. I am always amazed that the Jones model works. As a career changer, I could never work for Jones because I am certain I would fail. For me to get through each day, I need to be able to draw on the experience, comradery and synergy I get when I'm in my office and I see other people in the struggle. I would agree with InlandTX that most Jones reps have either a social aversion...or, my opinion, they like to drink at work. Not that there's anything wrong with either - it's just not my style.

 
 Not social aversion, just really wanting to be our own boss and not wanting to be micro-managed.  And I must admit that there has been booze in the office, but that was for a Chamber ribbon-cutting and mixer. During the work day I sip only on mouthwash.
 
It does get lonely at times, so it's really important to keep in contact with others in the region and get together often. I think that's one more reason Jones wants to see you participate in regional activities so much - someone who engages the team every so often is more likely to survive long-term than someone who goes at it completely alone.

Sensemaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-02-21

It's amazing to me how post after post Jones gets hated on...I must say though, when you're at the top, people tend to hate you when they don't even know you (or your company).

Moraen's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-01-22

inlandTX wrote:Lawrence wrote: inlandTX wrote: HINT: Jones wants people who admit they don't always want to play nice with others. We're a one-guy-in-an-office kind of place, after all. I am always amazed that the Jones model works. As a career changer, I could never work for Jones because I am certain I would fail. For me to get through each day, I need to be able to draw on the experience, comradery and synergy I get when I'm in my office and I see other people in the struggle. I would agree with InlandTX that most Jones reps have either a social aversion...or, my opinion, they like to drink at work. Not that there's anything wrong with either - it's just not my style.

 
 Not social aversion, just really wanting to be our own boss and not wanting to be micro-managed.  And I must admit that there has been booze in the office, but that was for a Chamber ribbon-cutting and mixer. During the work day I sip only on mouthwash.
 
It does get lonely at times, so it's really important to keep in contact with others in the region and get together often. I think that's one more reason Jones wants to see you participate in regional activities so much - someone who engages the team every so often is more likely to survive long-term than someone who goes at it completely alone.Sorry inLand.  You are not your own boss.  At least not until you get to Segment 4.  And how many people are languishing in Segment 3? 

Mr.Blonde's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-10-06

Sensemaker wrote:It's amazing to me how post after post Jones gets hated on...I must say though, when you're at the top, people tend to hate you when they don't even know you (or your company).

Nobody gives a damn what you think, let me guess, going through the hiring process?

Lawrence's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-01-04

inlandTX wrote: Lawrence wrote: inlandTX wrote: HINT: Jones wants people who admit they don't always want to play nice with others. We're a one-guy-in-an-office kind of place, after all. I am always amazed that the Jones model works. As a career changer, I could never work for Jones because I am certain I would fail. For me to get through each day, I need to be able to draw on the experience, comradery and synergy I get when I'm in my office and I see other people in the struggle. I would agree with InlandTX that most Jones reps have either a social aversion...or, my opinion, they like to drink at work. Not that there's anything wrong with either - it's just not my style.  Not social aversion, just really wanting to be our own boss and not wanting to be micro-managed.  And I must admit that there has been booze in the office, but that was for a Chamber ribbon-cutting and mixer. During the work day I sip only on mouthwash. It does get lonely at times, so it's really important to keep in contact with others in the region and get together often. I think that's one more reason Jones wants to see you participate in regional activities so much - someone who engages the team every so often is more likely to survive long-term than someone who goes at it completely alone.
I always thought the mouthwash was for the guy who sits near the boss. At Jones, you are free to hit the wine-box!

dlc008's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-02-12

Very good information

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

inlandTX wrote: Moraen wrote:Actually, when I was still at Jones (haha Still@jones), there was a guy who got cut two weeks before PDP, after he had deposited a $600k check and was going to make the trades.  He got the call on the way back from the bank, after the deposit was made (and entered into the Jones system).I actually know this for a fact, because he used my office to do it.  Would have qualified right off the bat.

 
Again, my guess would be that he was lagging in all of the other areas. It's not just gross commission that keeps a person around - being active in the region and having a plausible pipeline is much more important than scoring one big fish. I bet the guy had 8-9 accounts out of the required 26 and that's why he was dropped.
 
Another case in point - we recently had a guy (who was a banker for years) come in and score a big sale right out of Eval/Grad - his commission was high enough he literally qualified for PDP in week 1, but by week 17 he had only 6 accounts. It was obvious he wasn't doing the work.  So they cut him after giving him an extra 4 weeks to open another 8 accounts. Turns out later that the big sale was also an in-law.
 
Jones can't rely just on one metric to decide whether or not to keep a guy.

"It's not just gross commission"

Where you are at............Yes it is

dlc008's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-02-12

Just thought I'd update what's going on, don't really know if anyone cares but maybe there's someone who reads this for information on the interview process...

Finished my behavioral interview a week ago, they ran my background check and that has taken a week. Everything checked out good ( I do have collections on my credit report, but I sent a letter to compliance so I guess it's alright). Just have to take a drug test and schedule my f2f interview.

Everything is moving along quicker than I thought it would. If they have taken me this far and done the background check do you guys think I am in a good position to get an offer. Thanks for any of the helpful comments.

gethardgetraw's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-10-22

Do NOT forget to bring a toaster to your f2f interview. I cannot stress this enough.

LockEDJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-07-06

dlc008 wrote:... do you guys think I am in a good position to get an offer...

Yeah, I think you're in perfect position to get the offer.

Your offer: We'll happily pay you minimum wage for the next three years, and expect you to work promoting our brand name on every street in your home town by going door to door no matter what the weather. As an added bonus, we'd like you to volunteer in service organizations so that if you fail, you won't feel like showing your face in your own hometown ever again.

If you decide to quit, before the 1000 days of this treatment is over, to leave we reserve the right to charge you up to $75000 for this privilege. Finally, we consider all the clients you ever bring to our company ours, not yours.

Of course, I'm assuming you mean, by being in perfect position you've dropped your drawers and have your a$$ perfectly pitched upward. Good luck.

dlc008's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-02-12

Jealous

dlc008's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-02-12

I really do wonder what is with all the d-bags here. I mean I will keep on reading because most of it is funny, but I really can't take much of anything too seriously. You may not have liked EJ but I know people in the firm and think it'll be alright. I'm not much for being an independent, I like having the backing and name on my office. I know I know it's not "my" office, but it is where I will do my business so you don't have to point that out.

I've done my research and picked what I believe the best choice for me. Im happy, my wife's happy and thats all I need

josephus's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-06-23

Agreed. I read these things for the humor value (mostly low to none). You have to be nuts to come here expecting serious answers or one with any value. The serial posters on this forum are mostly a waste of oxygen. Full of free advice and it's worth every penny

Moraen's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-01-22

dlc008 wrote:Jealous

I don't think Lock is jealous.  He works there.

careerchngr's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-02-24

So, If I am offered and accept a position with EJ, I may need that Boudreaux's Butt Paste for another use?

Moraen's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-01-22

careerchngr wrote:So, If I am offered and accept a position with EJ, I may need that Boudreaux's Butt Paste for another use?Not necessarily.  Jones is a good company.  But it is a for-profit company.  Just like any other company, they look out for their stakeholders (the General Partners).  If you go in with your eyes open and have an understanding of what it's going to be like and spit out the kool-aid when the Regional Leaders isn't looking you'll be fine.Personally, I think you would need more KY than anything, no matter what firm you work for.  If you are on your own, you only need the KY for the regulators and the taxman.

joelv72's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-28

Moraen wrote: careerchngr wrote:
So, If I am offered and accept a position with EJ, I may need that Boudreaux's Butt Paste for another use?Not necessarily.  Jones is a good company.  But it is a for-profit company.  Just like any other company, they look out for their stakeholders (the General Partners).  If you go in with your eyes open and have an understanding of what it's going to be like and spit out the kool-aid when the Regional Leaders isn't looking you'll be fine.Personally, I think you would need more KY than anything, no matter what firm you work for.  If you are on your own, you only need the KY for the regulators and the taxman.
I agree.  If you want to get into this industry, EDJ is one of the better options among captive BDs.  Call them the "least evil" so to say.  That being said, LockEDJ concisely and brutally explained the first three years with them.  Moraen is right, that guy/gal is living the life.

LockEDJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-07-06

Folks, I think EDJ is great. I really do; and Joel's right on.
My only point was to actually read the contract. Most people are so concerned over simply getting the offer (which is what I read, maybe not what was written - so to say) they just blithely sign away.
Living the green life can be great. Go get'm.

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×