Skip navigation

The SuperMan 2011 Business Log

or Register to post new content in the forum

65 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jan 8, 2011 2:10 am

When I first started at Jones back in 2008 I had planned to create a blog and track my progress but the idea just got away from me and I never got around to it. However, now that I have a bit of experience I feel like chronicling my activities and thoughts on my business and progress weekly via this thread.  So here goes.

Prospect Calls: 193

Contacts: 73

Appointments: 5

Cold Calls: 70

Prospects Created: 6

I created one new client this week and made more calls in one week than I did the entire last quarter of the year. Yep, I was lazy!  The year is off to a decent start.  Feel like I really moved the needle on a many qualified prospects.  Cold calls were a bit rusty and I need to up my volume.  Next week I plan to DK 3 hrs which should help me begin to fill the pipeline up.  I've also got a nice event at the end of the week that should get me in front of MANY MANY people.

Jan 15, 2011 4:15 pm

superman what is the dfference btw prospect calls and cold calls??

Jan 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Following your weekly  blog in 2011 with interest.

Jan 15, 2011 7:33 pm

Me too.  But looks like you have fallen off.  It's been eight days.

Jan 16, 2011 2:38 am

I've been working an expo and will update tomorrow.

@repgirl .. Prospect calls are exisiting prospects in my system that I've spoken with.  Cold Calls, well you know.  I'm making an effort to call every prospect in my system over the next two months.

Jan 17, 2011 12:28 pm

Week 2

Whew, glad it's over .. after working 7 days I'm clocked.  Of course I have 5 apts. set for tomorrow so no rest for the weary. 

My call volume was way down and I need to address that next week but it's loaded with apts from the last two weeks.  Going to be tough.  I made zero cold calls.   

Prospect calls: 175

Contacts: 68

Prospects Created: 18

New Clients: 3 - One large, one small, one mid-range but I feel like they will be large over time.

I did some solid face to face prospecting this week and picked off a six figure account from an Indy broker.  My pipeline is gaining strength but I need to do some more heavy lifting this week.  I've picked up a few referrals and should close a 250k plus account tomorrow.  My week 3 focus is calls and prospecting via f2f.

Jan 17, 2011 4:50 pm

That contact ratio seems really good.  are these businesses or residential when doing cold calls?

Jan 18, 2011 3:52 am

Residential .. I'm only cold calling from 6:00 - 7:00pm, when I actually do it. 

Jan 22, 2011 11:32 am

Week 3

I'm so damn glad this week is over!   I got sick two days and hardly made any calls for the week.  Heck I didn't even track what I did.  Totally feel off the tracks. Will rebound next week.  I did create alot of clients but my pipeline is drying up with all the HHs I've added this year.  Can't wait for seminar season to hit in my office (spring)  I was able to do some doorking this week but wow it blew.

Clients Created: 4

Client 1: 150k wrap

Client 2: 80k uit, MF mix

Client 3: 105 fixed annuity, uit / MF mix

Client 4: 45k uit/mf mix

I would not have taken the last account however it was a walk-in and they were willing to take my advice.  My avg. account size is 80k and my rule of thumb is to accept no account less than that size. Call tracking will be back next week.

Jan 23, 2011 3:33 am

How are sales of the golf thingy going?  Can you keep us updated there also?

Jan 23, 2011 5:48 am

[quote=Prime Time]

How are sales of the golf thingy going?  Can you keep us updated there also?

[/quote]

The following is a post from SuperMan that completely debunks your above accusation.

[quote=SuperMan]

Actually, Stone, your responce and question is typical. I think we can infer by your question and avitar you are a black man.  Don't hijack a thread to press your agenda.  As a black man I am embrassed by young brothers like you.

[/quote]

First, why are you (and your compliance buddy) over here stirring the pot?

Second, either Superman is a liar or Primo is a moron. 

Third, who cares?

Jan 23, 2011 4:27 pm

I don't care really but like I pointed out if SuperMan is a man of color as he claims then you have him confused with someone else. So he is either lying or you are a dumbass.

As for you coming over here, we do not mind so long as you contribute as opposed to chasing Volt and ML around like you are an adolescent.

Jan 23, 2011 4:56 pm

I don't care really...   And yet you keep  posting.   Hmmmm.

As for you coming over here, we do not mind so long...  I have been here far longer than you, but thanks for permission anyway.  I needed a laugh this morning.

as opposed to chasing..... I don't recall saying anything concerning you in the slightest.  Aren't you doing exactly what you are saying I should not be doing?  It just gets better and better.

Jan 23, 2011 6:14 pm

I'm lost...

Back to the log ... I'm in the office today planning me next week.  My goal is to be more centered in my prospecting.  Know the who, where, and when for each day - rather than doing it on the fly.  I'll post my results Friday or Sat.

Jan 23, 2011 6:14 pm

[quote=SuperMan]

Back to the log ... I'm in the office today planning me next week.  My goal is to be more centered in my prospecting.  Know the who, where, and when for each day - rather than doing it on the fly.  I'll post my results Friday or Sat.

[/quote]

Make it happen!

Jan 23, 2011 7:00 pm

[quote=Prime Time]

1. I don't care really...   And yet you keep  posting.   Hmmmm.

2. As for you coming over here, we do not mind so long...  I have been here far longer than you, but thanks for permission anyway.  I needed a laugh this morning.

3. as opposed to chasing..... I don't recall saying anything concerning you in the slightest.  Aren't you doing exactly what you are saying I should not be doing?  It just gets better and better.

[/quote]

1. Third post not really obsessed yet. Besides I asked why you were here stirring the pot as you know you are doing with your golf thingy post and others. I do not care you are here unless your intentions are to ruffle feathers of those you banned from your world regardless if your reasons were valid or not. Those people are gone from your world and best I can tell no longer causing you and your community issues.

2. You left this site for reasons I am guessing are valid but now for whatever reason you have chosen to be a troll here as you know the golf post clearly is a perfect example of a post made by someone trolling a forum. I challenge you to be a positive member to both sites and end your provocation.

3. As for the chasing, I simply pointed out that there the comment you two have made creates an obvious contradiction. It could have supported your accusation or not. If I were chasing you I would post your other stabs to incite our members but I do not care that much.

SuperMan, I apologize for the hijack and will not reply AGAIN regardless of Primo's rebuttal. Good luck on your business plan and keep us updated on its progress.

Jan 30, 2011 7:13 pm

Week 4

Landed a whale.  Not else much to talk about after that ... but I'll tell the story.  He was a referral, made a run at him 6 months ago and have dripped on him since.  Sent personal notes, phone calls, and mailings.  Called me Monday and asked if he and his wife could stop by my and meet with me that day.  Three hours later - SOLD!  Also picked up a smaller account later in the week and wondered why the heck I dabble in accounts under a 100k.

New Contacts: 12

Plan for next week.  PROSPECT.  My Feb. and March should be done.  Filling my pipeline is my number one priority.

Jan Results - 16k gross and 500k new money.  Already beat the new money for Feb. by a wide margin. YEAH!

Jan 31, 2011 3:22 pm

dude...great job man. 

What is your pitch and your sales process?

Jan 31, 2011 4:38 pm

[quote=SuperMan]

Week 4

Landed a whale.  Not else much to talk about after that ... but I'll tell the story.  He was a referral, made a run at him 6 months ago and have dripped on him since.  Sent personal notes, phone calls, and mailings.  Called me Monday and asked if he and his wife could stop by my and meet with me that day.  Three hours later - SOLD!  Also picked up a smaller account later in the week and wondered why the heck I dabble in accounts under a 100k.

New Contacts: 12

Plan for next week.  PROSPECT.  My Feb. and March should be done.  Filling my pipeline is my number one priority.

Jan Results - 16k gross and 500k new money.  Already beat the new money for Feb. by a wide margin. YEAH!

[/quote]

Good job, and right mindset....always get and stay way ahead of the curve!

How big is your "whale"?

Jan 31, 2011 7:16 pm

@ newregrep  -- Nothing fancy.  High touch serivce and comprehensive advice,  I'm not process oriented enough mostly because I'm still trying to figure out how I want to build this thing.  When I find low hanging fruit they make my HOT PROSPECT list and I work the heck out of them until they blow me off or turn into clients.  Right now there are about 46 prospects on the list ... I mean to double that number by the end of Feb.

@ 7 Figs - - 750k+  probably not huge for some but cracks the top 5 for me.  I'm meeting with a referral Thursday that told me on the phone he's got 3mm in cash and really needs to consolidate his assets.  That would be huge for me.

Doorknocking, I go....