Skip navigation

My 500 day war

or Register to post new content in the forum

14 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jan 3, 2012 11:58 am

Good morning all, I hope everyone had a great holiday.  I am starting this thread as a starting point for my personal 500 day war, logging my cold calling efforts.  Please feel free to comment on my efforts, hold no punches it will only make me a better rep.  Hope the new year brings much success to all. 

Jan 3, 2012 11:47 pm

good luck newrep

Jan 4, 2012 12:02 pm

Thanks 6yearsin.  My numbers for yesterday were not great but none the less it is better than nothing.

Dials 245

Contacts 19

Leads 5

I need to make more dials, this issue I noticed on my call sheets is in the areas that I have the most contacts I make less calls. This has to mean that I am wasting to much time with people when I get them on the phone. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to share.  Hold no punches this will only make me better. I did get off 2 pitches, one guy said he is in no position to invest, got in way over his head with real estate and the other is getting ready for a trip to Vegas when I called. He seemed interested in what I pitched him and asked that I call him in a month. A blowoff, but if the stock does well I at least have that to refer back to if I decide to call him back. 

Jan 4, 2012 2:14 pm

What are you calling on?  What are you saying?  How long have you been in the business?  Tell us about yourself and business.  Good job on the dials.

Jan 4, 2012 5:12 pm

Element, I have been in the business since November and I am calling business owners strictly private non subsidiary.  I am leading with two different opens that I got from the boards, one is product the other is service along with sending out firm info. I am learning on the fly and using these boads as a tool. Thanks for the compliment on the dials, from what I see on the boards the number to hit is 400-500 daily will continue to work at it. 

Jan 5, 2012 12:29 pm

I did not have a very productive day on the phones yesterday only came away with 2 leads all day. They do seem to be solid leads though, that is a positive.  Calling business seems to take a lot of time and getting past the gate keepers is proving to be a skill I do not have yet. I will keep moving forward, I have no choice failure is not an option.

Dials 235

contacts 10

leads 2 

Jan 6, 2012 11:38 am

Dials 210

contacts 12

leads 2

Jan 9, 2012 1:18 pm

Numbers for Friday 3

Dials 251

Contacts 13

Leads 2

Jan 10, 2012 12:17 pm

numbers for 1/9/12

dials 276

contacts 14

leads 3

Jan 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Have not been able to update my numbers the last few days, so this is for monday, tuesday and wendsday

Monday dials 276 contacts 14 leads 3 Tuesday 301 16 1 Wendsday 275 12 3

Jan 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Have not been able to update my numbers the last few days, so this is for monday, tuesday and wendsday

Monday dials 276 contacts 14 leads 3 Tuesday 301 16 1 Wendsday 275 12 3

Jan 12, 2012 1:08 pm

What do you consider a "lead" ?

Jan 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Element at this point anyone who will talk to me. I am at a point of desperation so I will take what I can get. The firm I am at has a 250k in the market minimum.  The trouble I am having is locating that type of investor.  I am not trying to point fingers at anyone but there seems to be no direction here.  I have had a few leads that would have rolled over there 401k, or bought mutual funds from me but the sales manager here says that I not a lead. I thought a lead was anyone who is willing to do business but all he wants are stock investors.  

This firm is strictly transactional based, although I was told when I
was hired that I can sell mutual funds, bonds ect.  That has not been the
case. So I am still trying to find my way through this.  I am glad I found
this forum as a source of direction and guidance on how to build a business.
 I may have made a mistake coming here, I will be the first to admit that.
I was not ready to be on my own, but I did what I thought was right and sounded
like a chance to build a practice that would be beneficial for my family, my
self and potential clients.  Sorry for the rambling I, here are my numbers
for yesterday

Dials 308

contacts 8 

leads 2 ?

Feb 12, 2012 12:47 am

I notice that you are calling 200+ prospects a day - Where are you getting your calling list from and how ae you pitching your services?