Mike Gegelman, 403(b) program

6 replies [Last post]
BlueDart's picture

Let me say at the outset that I"m not going to buy Gegelman's program.  It is horribly expensive and from what I've read about his other program (the annual review thing) I'm not convinced that this new one is worth much.However, I am intrigued by the premise of it - having to do with capturing 403(b) rollovers because of a change in the regulations regarding 403(b) accounts that ostensibly has taken away a certain amount of control from the plan participant and has put that control in the hands of the plan administrator.The premise is that this issue of control of the account is potentially enough of a concern to open the door for participants or retirees to want to roll over their 403(b) accounts to an IRA.   Does anyone have any familiarity with the regulations and changes (they supposedly took effect on 12/31/2009) that he is talking about?  And if so, are the changes really enough to spur participants into considering a move?  And are there any thoughts out there about how to tap this opportunity (assuming it really exists)?Thanks.

B24's picture
B24

I would only consider it an opportunity if you have an existing "in" with the 403(b) market.  Otherwise, it's a waste of time.

kentmk's picture

If you are considering doing business with this company do yourself a favor and contact me first for my personal experience at 216-533-9532 or e-mail me at k.klingshirn@att.net Kent Klingshirn 

LSUAlum's picture

I can attest to Icecold knowing 403(b)'s cold. In fact, if it's an account with a Dollar Cost Averaging client under $100 a month, Ice is your main. He's the king of $25 DCAs!! All kidding aside, if you're looking at learning about the 403(b) market, send Ice a PM, he's as close to a resident expert in the field as you'll get on here.

Otane's picture

I have to disagree with you guys. The new regs made it easier to prospect for 403b's since a lot of them have archaic plans. If a plan has multiple annuities, then the organization is better off on a common platform with the rules that are now qualifying some as ERISA.  As far as rollovers, that reference to the new regs makes as much sense as nothing. I would be careful of that Gengleman crap.   

JohnnyReb's picture

kentmk wrote:If you are considering doing business with this company do yourself a favor and contact me first for my personal experience at 216-533-9532 or e-mail me at k.klingshirn@att.net Kent Klingshirn Kent, by any chance have you Googled "Kent Klingshirn" lately?Makes no difference how many leads Kent Klingshirn gets from any inhouse or external marketing program. No one is going to want to do business with Kent when they check him out.Seems to me you've not properly identified the real reason for your failure. If I were you, I might consider a career change.I'm surprised they didn't check you out before they let you in on the lead gen program.

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×