Any feedback on Sandler Sales System?

17 replies [Last post]
nick leeson's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-15

Hi folks

The Sandler Selling system has finally arrived in the United Kingdom.

I know its been doing the rounds on your side of the pond for quite a few years now.

Anyone got any views, opinions or experiences with this material and the President's Club training?

Do you know brokers/financial advisers who have successfully implemented?

Many thanks

preluder's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-11

I've been through they're training down here and found it quite helpful.  I wouldn't say I used they're system (submarine compartments) theory exactly but the concept I do use and allot of the Columbo strategies.
I thought the presidents club to be helpful in a weird way almost like an AA meeting for sales people from all different industries having the same woes that we go thru at times.
Hope this helps.

annuity guy's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-03-27

I've been doing it for two years. I love it.

JimMorrison's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-12

i paid for it myself.  i have a contidictory opinion...for several reasons...
the program is great for someone who doubts themselves and their abilities...if you already KNOW you are going to be a success and there is no way you could ever fail, don't waste your time.  i found the class caters to those who are bugged by self-doubt and this causes them to stop doing the work.  if you are frozen by call-reluctance and the such, and unstructured in your days, yes- i think it can help...but it will cost you...i think the full year in my area was $7,500.  and it can be higher if your guy thinks he is a bigger god than our local guy.
i would say just buy the tapes on eBay if you are interested in learning more...matter of fact, i have the Presidents club CDs if you would like to buy those (you have to join the class to get it ordinarily)...just IM me.
i got out after blowing $2300 on the classes...this was after a few months...and was especially pissed because the guy was charging my credit card more often than we agreed.  when i confronted him he just said it must have been a misunderstanding -- but never offered to correct the "misunderstanding"...definitely not too impressed by their ethical side.
in the end, maybe it was worth it to find out that i have natural sales skills...but it was a hefty price to pay to find that out.

annuity guy's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-03-27

I had a wholesaler pay for my tuition. It was about $7,000. Wholesalers don't give that much money to people who haven't proven that they can already sell.
Sandler is better for people who CAN sell already and who want to improve upon their results.

Roger Thornhill's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-06

JimMorrison wrote:i got out after blowing $2300 on the classes...this was after a few months...and was especially pissed because the guy was charging my credit card more often than we agreed.  when i confronted him he just said it must have been a misunderstanding -- but never offered to correct the "misunderstanding"...definitely not too impressed by their ethical side.
If you paid with a credit card, and the amount was in dispute, when the merchant fails to correct the amount, you call the bank or financial institution that issued your card and have the entire thing charged back. That tends to get the attention of the merchant, and they'll either live right, or go out of business. Either way, you win.
The key is to have documentation, like a written agreement (or receipt, or printed out page showing the amounts agreed to), and as long as they differ, the chargeback is virtually automatic.
Even if the amounts are the same, if you aren't getting what you paid for, if the business is not delivering on what they promised, you can still get your money back, often by only making ONE phone call.

dogdooki's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-27

Hey Jim Morrison,
Did you ever see yourself while you were alive?  I did in 1968 and you rocked man.  Why are you hocking stocks and bonds.  Thanks for the tip on Sandler.  I guess I ought to show up here more oftenerer.  Yeah, that's the ticket

JimMorrison's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-12

dogdooki wrote:
Hey Jim Morrison,
Did you ever see yourself while you were alive? 
Often in the mirror.  And sometimes in the nude.

bondo's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-04-15

Any more recent thoughts on Sandler?  I am not as good as I would like to be and am considering enrolling.  The top guys in my office have either gone through it or continue to.

lady_trader's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-05-12

No thoughts on the Sandler system, but I have to say that I love being on a post with a rock god (Jim Morrison) and the Barclay's Trader who had the best "run for the money" story ever (Nick Leeson).

trisyn's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-26

Aren't you the guy who brought down Barings? Dude I don't think they'll let you work in the industry anymore.

madabroker's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-05-09

Back to Sandler.

My understanding is that local offices are franchises. Like most in our industry, I like people who can shoot straight. I called the local franchisor, tried to get some numbers out of him, couldn't, got frustrated and quit. This, after a very good friend of mine recommended the program beyond highly.

Just give me a number, dammit! I've heard $2,000, 7500, top as 25,000. But no specifics on the differences.

One key element is to not do the work before getting commitment. When I think of all the proposals I've done, to be told some dork went with someone else becuase they had a Jesus Connection, well, let the screaming begin.

bondo's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-04-15

I'm starting the ten week course next month. I decided to bite the bullet and pay for it myself.  I'll let you know how it goes and my results.

bondo's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-04-15

Been in it a month now and am already seeing results.  I equate it to a combination of sales training and business coaching.  The President's Club, which I attended one session, is more like a business coaching group mostly run by other members of the Club.
Definitely happy that I enrolled.  It costs an arm and a leg, but I am going to make it in this business and I figure this will help me be more successful faster.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

bondo wrote:
Been in it a month now and am already seeing results.  I equate it to a combination of sales training and business coaching.  The President's Club, which I attended one session, is more like a business coaching group mostly run by other members of the Club.
Definitely happy that I enrolled.  It costs an arm and a leg, but I am going to make it in this business and I figure this will help me be more successful faster.

I did Sandler for a few years. Luckily, I had wholesalers pay for the whole thing. It was a turining point in my career.

bondo's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-04-15

Bobby Hull wrote:bondo wrote:
Been in it a month now and am already seeing results.  I equate it to a combination of sales training and business coaching.  The President's Club, which I attended one session, is more like a business coaching group mostly run by other members of the Club.
Definitely happy that I enrolled.  It costs an arm and a leg, but I am going to make it in this business and I figure this will help me be more successful faster.

I did Sandler for a few years. Luckily, I had wholesalers pay for the whole thing. It was a turining point in my career.

I see several people mention they had wholesalers pay for it.  Are they able to do that through some sort of educational budget?  

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

bondo wrote:Bobby Hull wrote:bondo wrote:
Been in it a month now and am already seeing results.  I equate it to a combination of sales training and business coaching.  The President's Club, which I attended one session, is more like a business coaching group mostly run by other members of the Club.
Definitely happy that I enrolled.  It costs an arm and a leg, but I am going to make it in this business and I figure this will help me be more successful faster.

I did Sandler for a few years. Luckily, I had wholesalers pay for the whole thing. It was a turining point in my career.

I see several people mention they had wholesalers pay for it.  Are they able to do that through some sort of educational budget?  

Most can pay for training. I got reimbursed for $7500 which covered that test that they make you take and the President's Club. That was in 2004. I'm allowed to stay for life as I have referred business to my trainer.

bondo's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-04-15

The only expenses the wholesalers I talk to will cover involve them being at an event (seminar, client/prospect dinner) or maybe they will take you to a ball game, as long as that game is under $100.
Are you referring to the DISC test?  I just took that thing and was amazed how accurate it is.  I showed it to my wife and she said it nailed me on the head.
I am really liking my trainer and he is always available on short notice for advice.  It is amazing how many people have already dropped out of the ten week course and how many have done the ten weeks multiple times.  One guy said this was his third time through, but first one since 04.  I think it might have been cheaper to buy the President's Club for him.

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×