I currently work for a large 401k recordkeeper in a home office, client support role for 401k plans that each have $35+ million in assets. My company has no internal sales positions since we sell exclusively through brokers. I would really like to take my client experience and use it in a sales role.
1. What are good firms to work for where I can sell pretty much any vendor's 401k platform. AGE, ML, UBS?
2. Can someone who sells 401k plans please comment on how their experience is and the challenges and things that come up.
3. From working in the industry, I think performance of the recordkeeper and the service of the recordkeeper is one of the primary reasons plans make changes, has that been your experience?
4. What techniques have you used to prospect and close plans?
5. Are you doing fee based or commission based?