what kind of car do you drive?

58 replies [Last post]
Ryan561's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-01-30

I'll start...

Range Rover Sport

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

1998?

Greenbacks's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-21

Jeep thinking of getting one more!
 
I live in the mountains and I need one just to get up my drive way! So far this week 3 feet of snow and more on the way ! Yee haw  
 
Skiing powder tomorrow!

UNDERMINDED's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-14

well.
 
I drive a murdered out black SUV, Tinted Window, Cheek Warmers, whole 9
 
Denali 

jkl1v1n6's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-06

F'n minivan!  Two kids 7-10.  Getting rid of it and looking at the Honda Pilot.  #1 safety rated mid-sized suv. 

Mike Damone's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-01

VW Passat Wagon (I'm not a hippy nor a lesbian).

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

2007 M5.
 
Currently looking at a CLS63 for my next car.

Ryan561's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-01-30

iceco1d wrote: 1998?

2006 which I am turning my lease in in March and planning on getting a new M3

NFA1972's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-08-11

2008 BMW Z-4.

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

Ferris Bueller wrote:2007 M5.
 
Currently looking at a CLS63 for my next car.
 
Damn it Ferris!  When am I going to convince you to start looking @ the AMG's with "S" as the FIRST letter in the badge, instead of a "C" damn it?!?!
 
350Z here fwiw. 

YHWY's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-07-18

I believe the CLS 63 IS an AMG. I know its coupe counterpart the CL 63 is.

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

That's what I said...maybe I used poor wording.
All I want him to consider is replacing the letters "CLS" with "SL" 

Moraen's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-01-22

Audi A6 2003

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

iceco1d wrote: That's what I said...maybe I used poor wording.
All I want him to consider is replacing the letters "CLS" with "SL" 

The SL is 2 door, not going to work. As is the CLS63 is a beautiful work of art at just a hair over 100K. Zero to 60 in 4.5 seconds.

2wheeledbeemer's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-10

'73 Dodge Dart Swinger, slant 6, three-on-the-tree, olive green w/matching green vinyl bench seat, push button AM uni-speaker rockin' system.  Got 4 more payments and this sweet ride is all mine!

Hank Moody's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-10

2wheeledbeemer wrote:'73 Dodge Dart Swinger, slant 6, three-on-the-tree, olive green w/matching green vinyl bench seat, push button AM uni-speaker rockin' system.  Got 4 more payments and this sweet ride is all mine!You signed a 36 year note?

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

Ferris Bueller wrote: iceco1d wrote:
That's what I said...maybe I used poor wording.
All I want him to consider is replacing the letters "CLS" with "SL"  The SL is 2 door, not going to work. As is the CLS63 is a beautiful work of art at just a hair over 100K. Zero to 60 in 4.5 seconds.
 
C'mon man...you can make 2 doors work, I promise!  Hell, I'm making 2 SEATS work! 

2wheeledbeemer's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-10

Hank Moody wrote: 2wheeledbeemer wrote:'73 Dodge Dart Swinger, slant 6, three-on-the-tree, olive green w/matching green vinyl bench seat, push button AM uni-speaker rockin' system.  Got 4 more payments and this sweet ride is all mine!You signed a 36 year note?
 
The payments were only $11.00 a month.  It's all about cash flow in this business...

UNDERMINDED's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-14

Hank Moody wrote: 2wheeledbeemer wrote:'73 Dodge Dart Swinger, slant 6, three-on-the-tree, olive green w/matching green vinyl bench seat, push button AM uni-speaker rockin' system.  Got 4 more payments and this sweet ride is all mine!You signed a 36 year note?

I almost cried when I read this

B24's picture
B24
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-08

'82 Ford Escort....Sport Edition

buyandhold's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-09-23

2wheeledbeemer wrote:Hank Moody wrote: 2wheeledbeemer wrote:'73 Dodge Dart Swinger, slant 6, three-on-the-tree, olive green w/matching green vinyl bench seat, push button AM uni-speaker rockin' system.  Got 4 more payments and this sweet ride is all mine!You signed a 36 year note?
 
The payments were only $11.00 a month.  It's all about cash flow in this business...
 
So you put $2,000 into a 40-year HSBC structured note at 6.6 pct and have used the interest payments to finance the car? Interesting -- gonna have to make some calls on that strategy. Sell a bond AND create a future money due!
 
 

2wheeledbeemer's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-10

Sushhhhh!  I've got my eye on a smokin' '82 Dodge Mirada and I don't want this foolproof strategy getting out to everyone and risk losing this upgrade.  Help a brother out....

BondGuy's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-09-21

68 Caprice Classic, with Astro Ventilation! Yeah, so it's rusty, it starts, runs,and drives!

liquid's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-09

1970 AMC Gremlin.....burnt orange, eat your heart out motorheads!

norway401's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-10-16

Geezuz....here we go again. For a continued discussion from months back. Your personal vehicle can either be a postive or a negative ....just make sure you understand that point.
I have turned in my Buick Lesabre ( next Saturday ) and picking up a Pontiac G5 with all the Trimmings and looking forward to a reliving my days with a sporty type vehicle and a 4 cylinder with Sirius Radio ( my treat ) .

liquid's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-09

Better  hurry if you have your mind set on "Sirius" radio!

norway401's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-10-16

Hey Liquid....you are right Maybe it was Howard Stern's contract at 100 million that did it. Was looking forward to enjoying some of the U.S. Talk Radio Shows.....with the new vehicle the service is free for three months. OOOPPS , I forgot nothing is free....may I please sign the Service Contract for 36 months.

WiAdvisor's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-05-03

cts-v

B24's picture
B24
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-08

norway401 wrote:Hey Liquid....you are right Maybe it was Howard Stern's contract at 100 million that did it. Was looking forward to enjoying some of the U.S. Talk Radio Shows.....with the new vehicle the service is free for three months. OOOPPS , I forgot nothing is free....may I please sign the Service Contract for 36 months.
 
I was talking about that with a buddy the other day.  Wasn't most of that 100mm in stock options or restricted stock??  I wonder how that's going for him these days!!

SometimesNowhere's picture
Joined: 2008-12-22

B24 wrote:norway401 wrote:Hey Liquid....you are right Maybe it was Howard Stern's contract at 100 million that did it. Was looking forward to enjoying some of the U.S. Talk Radio Shows.....with the new vehicle the service is free for three months. OOOPPS , I forgot nothing is free....may I please sign the Service Contract for 36 months.
 
I was talking about that with a buddy the other day.  Wasn't most of that 100mm in stock options or restricted stock??  I wonder how that's going for him these days!!
 
I hope that's not true (well, actually I don't care if it's true). As an entertainer or athlete, why would you take stock as a portion of a contract anyway?

skbroker's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-16

2004 honda accord

liquid's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-09

 
STS

YHWY's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-07-18

Drop-top six-fo' Impala ridin' low on West Coast 26's, yo.

Takingnames's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-11-09

Silver 1976 VW SuperBeetle, hard top, 52k original.
 

stefany_t's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-01-10

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door and LOVE it

sumwatt's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-09-16

2008 Honda Ruckus pimped out with some stickers and a cargo net.... ... and an XTerra for the winter...

guitar1696's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-08-29

2000 vw jetta v6.... Nakamichi sound system!

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

1971 Pontiac GTOs: One hardtop, one droptop.

2wheeledbeemer's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-10

Philo Kvetch wrote:1971 Pontiac GTOs: One hardtop, one droptop.
 
Very nice Dee-troit iron.

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

2wheeledbeemer wrote:Philo Kvetch wrote:1971 Pontiac GTOs: One hardtop, one droptop.
 
Very nice Dee-troit iron.
 
I can pass anything but a gas station.

F.A.4's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-09-04

Mike Damone wrote:VW Passat Wagon (I'm not a hippy nor a lesbian).
hahaha

fifthstreetz's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-05-05

2008 E92 M3

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

How does BMW come up with their E designations?  I don't get E36, E46, E92 wtf?

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

Thanks Ferris!

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

M3 with aftermarket exhaust sounds like an f car. Love it.

I drove an M6 the other day, might get it.

Redpen's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-08-07

  C300 sport sedan . Cost about the same as a Avalon or Acura.

jamesbond's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-03-21

weekday - nissan pathfinder. Weekend a 72 bblk matching numbers 4 speed corvette that took FOREVER to restore 

Ryan561's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-01-30

I am thinking about getting a M3. Any thoughts?!

OS's picture
OS
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-03

Ryan561 wrote: I am thinking about getting a M3. Any thoughts?!

Yes. Just accept the fact that your not well endowed and stop trying to compensate for it with your car.

mbrink's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-02-12

One of our cars is a Honda Pilot. Great vehicle.

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×