Skip navigation

Super Bowl 41.5

or Register to post new content in the forum

20 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Nov 4, 2007 3:49 am

Colts vs. Pats…predictions?

I'm pulling for the Colts, but expecting the %^!$!# Pats to win...
Nov 4, 2007 5:00 am

[quote=Indyone]Colts vs. Pats…predictions?

I'm pulling for the Colts, but expecting the %^!$!# Pats to win... [/quote]   Colts are 5.5 point dogs but I think they'll pull it off.   
Nov 4, 2007 10:43 pm

[quote=Indyone]Colts vs. Pats…predictions?

I'm pulling for the Colts, but expecting the %^!$!# Pats to win... [/quote]   Looking pretty good at halftime.......GO INDY!!!!
Nov 4, 2007 11:06 pm

They look a heck of a lot better than anyone else the Pats have played.  I'm just happy to see Bill B. not look quite so smug for once.

If they pull this off, my weekend will be sweet...I'm so sick of hearing how unbeatable the Pats are...

Nov 4, 2007 11:26 pm

[quote=Indyone]

They look a heck of a lot better than anyone else the Pats have played.  I'm just happy to see Bill B. not look quite so smug for once.

If they pull this off, my weekend will be sweet...I'm so sick of hearing how unbeatable the Pats are...

[/quote]   Right there with ya, good game so far.
Nov 4, 2007 11:47 pm

It is an awesome game!

Nov 5, 2007 12:28 am

Well crap.  Good effort, but the !#$$%!% Pats pull it out after the Colts had 'em down by 10 in the 4th.  Is anyone other than Pats fans not sick of this team?

Nov 5, 2007 1:04 am

Hey Inyone, dont feel bad…it could be worse, you could be a Jet fan like me. I just got home from the game an hour ago, not only did I see my team find yet another way to lose, but it went into overtime, and I ggot home too late so I missed Superbowl 41.5!!

Season tix since 1984, and not a *&^% thing to show for it.
Nov 5, 2007 1:56 am

LOL...I feel your pain.  In the days before Peyton, Marvin, etc., we used to call them the Clots or the Dolts.  At that point, they were mostly horrible, so there's still hope for your Jets.  I'm not surprised by the result, just disappointed because of where the game was with eight minutes to go...the Colts let the Pats off the hook.  It was a great game, though...one of the few that actually live up to the hype.

Speaking of the Jets, I just finished the Namath biography...great book...he was a real gunslinger.  I remember feeling sad for him when he made such an ass out of himself on the Jet sideline when he was drunk and kept telling a lady sportscaster that he didn't give a damn about how the Jets were doing...he just wanted to kiss her.  That was probably rock bottom for Broadway Joe.  Thankfully, it seems that he got his shit together after that.

Nov 5, 2007 2:11 am

[quote=Indyone]

LOL…I feel your pain.  In the days before Peyton, Marvin, etc., we used to call them the Clots or the Dolts.  At that point, they were mostly horrible, so there’s still hope for your Jets.  I’m not surprised by the result, just disappointed because of where the game was with eight minutes to go…the Colts let the Pats off the hook.  It was a great game, though…one of the few that actually live up to the hype.

Speaking of the Jets, I just finished the Namath biography...great book...he was a real gunslinger.  I remember feeling sad for him when he made such an ass out of himself on the Jet sideline when he was drunk and kept telling a lady sportscaster that he didn't give a damn about how the Jets were doing...he just wanted to kiss her.  That was probably rock bottom for Broadway Joe.  Thankfully, it seems that he got his shit together after that.

[/quote]

I watched that interview on live TV in its entirity.  It was friggin bizaare...
Nov 5, 2007 5:53 am

[quote=ExPropTrader] 

Colts are 5.5 point dogs but I think they'll pull it off.   [/quote]   At least the Colts covered the spread so I made a little $$$, good thing I didn't take the moneyline.
Nov 5, 2007 3:56 pm

At least your team wasn’t embarrassed in front of it’s Nat’l TV audience as was mine, the Eagles.

Season's over and it's time for some major surgery!
Nov 6, 2007 1:40 am
joedabrkr:

[quote=Indyone]

I watched that interview on live TV in its entirity.  It was friggin bizaare…

I missed the interview because I was at the game. But I saw parts of it replayed on the news and was mortified - my boy Joe - what a shame. Almost as pathetic as that loser Gastinuea.
Nov 29, 2007 4:30 pm

[quote=BondGuy]At least your team wasn’t embarrassed in front of it’s Nat’l TV audience as was mine, the Eagles.

Season's over and it's time for some major surgery![/quote]   BG...how do you feel after the near miss in Foxboro?!!  If the Superbowl comes down to the Pack and the Patsies, the whole country minus one small corner will be rooting for the Pack.  I am so seriously sick of the Patsies.   Along those lines, anyone have any predictions for tonight's NFC championship - Part I?    Sunday, I'll be in the dome yelling for the Colts to knock those pesky Jaguars out of the AFC south race...there won't be any need to pipe in any noise...
Dec 3, 2007 4:37 pm

[quote=Indyone][quote=BondGuy]At least your team wasn’t embarrassed in front of it’s Nat’l TV audience as was mine, the Eagles.

Season's over and it's time for some major surgery![/quote]   BG...how do you feel after the near miss in Foxboro?!!  If the Superbowl comes down to the Pack and the Patsies, the whole country minus one small corner will be rooting for the Pack.  I am so seriously sick of the Patsies.   Along those lines, anyone have any predictions for tonight's NFC championship - Part I?    Sunday, I'll be in the dome yelling for the Colts to knock those pesky Jaguars out of the AFC south race...there won't be any need to pipe in any noise... [/quote]   The near miss was a fun game top watch. Fast passed bang bang plays on both sides.   As for how it makes me feel? Empty. The team that showed up in Foxboro is the team Philly thought it had for the season. Yet, as yesterday's dismal performance shows, we need a lot of work. This coming Sunday the ball goes back to McNabb, who I love, but who has been shakey all year.   The good news, as sad a testament as it is, is that we may be able to make the playoffs as a wild card if we go as low as 8 and 8. With the Giants and Dallas still ahead of us even that will be a challenge.  
Dec 5, 2007 1:50 pm

Go Pats!  Go Pats!

Did you see us roll over Baltimore?  WOW!   Actually, I @#$% near @#$% in my drawers.  We should have lost that game.  Baltimore imploded, while we thankfully kept our composure.  If Baltimore kept their heads about them, avoided penalties and dumb moves (time out!  time out!!!), they could have beat us handily.    
Dec 5, 2007 5:05 pm

Pats looked awful against the run.  They have the best record, but I don’t think they’re playing the best ball right now at least.  They could have easily lost three games…the last two and the Colts game.  It all boils down to composure (and a bit of luck…).

Dec 5, 2007 7:15 pm

I f*&#*g hate the Patriots and am so sick of hearing about Tom Brady and their ass of a coach.  They are like the Duke basketball team, in that they get all the damn calls too.  I hope the Steelers knock some of the horse teeth out of Brady’s mouth this week.  Man I am so sick of them.

Dec 5, 2007 7:55 pm
csmelnix:

I f*&#*g hate the Patriots and am so sick of hearing about Tom Brady and their ass of a coach.  They are like the Duke basketball team, in that they get all the damn calls too.  I hope the Steelers knock some of the horse teeth out of Brady’s mouth this week.  Man I am so sick of them.

...you're right...I was being far too diplomatic...
Dec 5, 2007 9:02 pm
csmelnix:

It's funny how a few years ago everyone loved them, as they started put like the Cinderella team, Brady takes over for Bledsoe, and the rest is history.  Five years later everyone hates them because they can't lose, their coach has no personality, and they got caught doing what every other team does (those doofuses).   You have to admit, in an age of the salary cap, it's pretty remarkable what they have done.