Who is this guy???

24 replies [Last post]
freedomexpress's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-07-23

What do you think of this guy???
Ron Paul - Next President or also ran?
http://www.ronpaulnation.com/tv.html#why_ron_paul_will_win
www.ronpaul2008.com
www.freeme.tv
 

no idea's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-11-15

I like him but he probably doesn't have much of a chance. 

pretzelhead's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-03-23

no idea wrote:I like him but he probably doesn't have much of a chance. 
Yup, no $$ = no TV = no way to reach Fat Lazy Joe Blow American

the word's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-04-16

Wouldn't that be great.  Anything, that would be a change form the status quo. 
Warning!!! I am registered as a libertarian.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

freedomexpress wrote:
What do you think of this guy???
 
I think he's a loon. Between breing the only member of Congress to vote against giving Rosa Parks a medal and praising the "the Federal income tax is illegal" types, he strikes me as a great example of the fringe element.

Edward Pwns's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-05-23

The loons are the ones driving this country into the ground, that you probably vote for.  Name one thing Ron Paul has said that you disagree with?

doberman's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-02-22

the word wrote:
Wouldn't that be great.  Anything, that would be a change form the status quo. 
Warning!!! I am registered as a libertarian.

Me, too!
Have we reached the point where freedom is FRINGE?

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

Edward Pwns wrote:The loons are the ones driving this country into the ground, that you probably vote for.  Name one thing Ron Paul has said that you disagree with?
You mean other than being the only member of Congress to vote against giving Rosa Parks a Congressional medal, praising the "the federal tax is illegal" tax-resisting crowd? Not enough for you?
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=6709968<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
OK, how about using the list the CIA gave the 9/11 Commission as reasons UBL says he conducts Jihad (sans the reestablish the Caliphate entry) as if it were a rational grievance list, that if only we followed, there’d be peace in the world?
How about Paul going on wack-job radio shows like holocaust denier/9/11 was an inside job  Alex Job’s where he alluded to a conspiracy to hide “the truth” about 9/11?
 
Need more?
 

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/player.jhtml?ml_vide o=87481&ml_collection=&ml_gateway=&ml_gateway_id =&ml_comedian=&ml_runtime=&ml_context=show&m l_origin_url=/shows/the_colbert_report/authors/index.jhtml%3 FstartNum%3D11&ml_playlist=&lnk=&is_large=true
If you go here you can see an interview with Ron Paul. I agree with Mikebutler222, he seems like a reasonable guy until he starts going Libertarian.
Worse things could happen than his election, but he's so outside the stream (the mainstream is a glimmer on the horizon) he's paddling a canoe on dry land. Neither side would help him with his agenda and he'd be gone in 4.

Edward Pwns's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-05-23

MikeButler is an intellectual midget.  Rather than discuss the merits of Paul's argument against the war in Iraq or the size and scope of the Federal government, he brings up Rosa Parks getting a medal.  What an O'Reilly Factor-Tshirt wearing nitwit.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

Edward Pwns wrote:MikeButler is an intellectual midget.  Rather than discuss the merits of Paul's argument against the war in Iraq or the size and scope of the Federal government, he brings up Rosa Parks getting a medal.  What an O'Reilly Factor-Tshirt wearing nitwit.
Actually "Pwns" (what are you, 17?) I did address Paul's comments on <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Iraq. That would be the part where I mentioned how he took bin Laden's "why I Jihad" list the CIA put together and used it as if it was a rational, reasonable grievance list.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Had you read the question posed to me, you’d know that I was asked what Pual had said that led me to believe he’s a fringe character. I mentioned him being the only Congressman to vote against the honor for Rosa Parks, among other things, like Paul’s bizarre appearance and comments on the Alex Jones radio show.
I would suggest you hold the “O’Reilly” comments until you know whether or not the person you’re addressing is a fan of the guy or not. As for me, I’m in the “not” category.
 
Now, isn’t there a videogame somewhere calling your name?
 

DJRoss's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-22

Sorry, but Paul is a lightweight has he does not have the resume necessary to take the US forward.This is going to be a showdown between Mitt Romney and Hillary Clinton when all is said and done.

pretzelhead's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-03-23

Mitt makes me vomit.
 

Edward Pwns's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-05-23

What makes him lightweight?  He'd run circles around either Clinton or Romney in a debate.  The reason you think he's a lightweight is a)You haven't heard him talk b)You only like candidates the media likes c)you're a lightweight.
As for resumes, 10 terms in Congress and before that a Doctor.  Better than anyone in the field.
Just face it, you'll only support candidates the mainstream media allows you to support.  Get back to that headset and cubicle, private.
DJRoss wrote:Sorry, but Paul is a lightweight has he does not have the resume necessary to take the US forward.This is going to be a showdown between Mitt Romney and Hillary Clinton when all is said and done.

DJRoss's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-22

Edward Pwns wrote:What makes him lightweight?  He'd run circles around either Clinton or Romney in a debate.  The reason you think he's a lightweight is a)You haven't heard him talk b)You only like candidates the media likes c)you're a lightweight.
As for resumes, 10 terms in Congress and before that a Doctor.  Better than anyone in the field.
Just face it, you'll only support candidates the mainstream media allows you to support.  Get back to that headset and cubicle, private.
DJRoss wrote:Sorry, but Paul is a lightweight has he does not have the resume necessary to take the US forward.This is going to be a showdown between Mitt Romney and Hillary Clinton when all is said and done. With a handle Edward Pwns, reveals either your actual age or your mental age. My teenage children use terms such as pwnage. Dude, get it straight. I have yet to miss a debate where Paul was involved, and Romney has shown his viability as a statesman. He ran circles around the competition. He has excelled at everything he as done. He is a proven quantity. Paul is a professional politician which is not what we need right now. Sure some of the things have a nice sound to them, especially in the ears of federalist types such as myself, but the proof is in the pudding.Deal with it. Romney is the candidate among those that matter in the GOP and his rise is only verification of this.

DJRoss's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-22

BTW, I have been following the race since 18 months back while still residing in Europe. When I told several of my Swedish colleagues that Mitt Romney was going to make a run at the presidency they all said who? and When I explained to them who he was, they laughed at me. They said he would never get any exposure. They said nobody would take him seriously.Now they call me often bewildered that he has as much traction as he has. Why? Same reason Reagan had traction. He has been open and honest about his past, and speaks in concrete terms vs platitudes. He also uses his own wealth to fund advertizing which someone like Paul would and could never do. Why? Because he has been living off the fat of the political forum for 10 terms. Another reason why Governors tend to get elected. They are proven executives. Please spare the Paul superiority. You are as bad as those who spend days erasing their cookies so they can revote in online polls just so they can make it appear that Paul is more popular than he really is.

Edward Pwns's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-05-23

Yeah I think Mitt's a joke too.  The guy flip flops so much and changes his position you don't know where he stands.  But here's the thing.   The media likes him, and a lot of people only support candidates the media puts on their plate.  They are incapable of thinking for themselves.  Sad.
pretzelhead wrote:
Mitt makes me vomit.
 

Edward Pwns's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-05-23

DJ Ross, I'm sorry your parents money ran out and you had to leave the European bathhouses to come home.  Seems like you're very attracted to Romney, but other than the fact that you said you think he's hot, is there anything intelligent you can say for supporting him?
 
DJRoss wrote: Edward Pwns wrote:
What makes him lightweight?  He'd run circles around either Clinton or Romney in a debate.  The reason you think he's a lightweight is a)You haven't heard him talk b)You only like candidates the media likes c)you're a lightweight.
As for resumes, 10 terms in Congress and before that a Doctor.  Better than anyone in the field.
Just face it, you'll only support candidates the mainstream media allows you to support.  Get back to that headset and cubicle, private.
DJRoss wrote:Sorry, but Paul is a lightweight has he does not have the resume necessary to take the US forward.This is going to be a showdown between Mitt Romney and Hillary Clinton when all is said and done. With a handle Edward Pwns, reveals either your actual age or your mental age. My teenage children use terms such as pwnage. Dude, get it straight. I have yet to miss a debate where Paul was involved, and Romney has shown his viability as a statesman. He ran circles around the competition. He has excelled at everything he as done. He is a proven quantity. Paul is a professional politician which is not what we need right now. Sure some of the things have a nice sound to them, especially in the ears of federalist types such as myself, but the proof is in the pudding.Deal with it. Romney is the candidate among those that matter in the GOP and his rise is only verification of this.

DJRoss's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-22

Edward when your IQ reaches 50, SELL!I am married and have five children you punk. I don't live off of my parents, however since that is what came into your mind, maybe we are understanding a bit more about you.Regarding Mitt, he does not Flip Flop. Of course if your only information comes from MSM that it is understandable that you actually believe that.Do some DD before you open your mouth. The only issue where Romney has changed course on was Abortion. And that would technically be considered a Flip or a Flop, but not both. Flip Flop infers that you claim one view only to change your mind and than again revert back to your original view.Romney said that he was wrong. He said it on National Television. Don't you have a Quake or Half Life party to go to, given your juvenile bent?

pretzelhead's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-03-23

Edward Pwns wrote:
Yeah I think Mitt's a joke too.  The guy flip flops so much and changes his position you don't know where he stands.  But here's the thing.   The media likes him, and a lot of people only support candidates the media puts on their plate.  They are incapable of thinking for themselves.  Sad.
pretzelhead wrote:
Mitt makes me vomit.
 

Mormons scare me.  Did you know that the book of mormon was translated from golden tablets found under a tree in New York?  Joe Smith had to use "magical spectacles" to translate the ancient egyptian text.
If you're not a mormon, you're a gentile.  They don't like gentiles.

Dust Bunny's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-05-07

Thompson FTW

DJRoss's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-22

pretzelhead wrote:Edward Pwns wrote:
Yeah I think Mitt's a joke too.  The guy flip flops so much and changes his position you don't know where he stands.  But here's the thing.   The media likes him, and a lot of people only support candidates the media puts on their plate.  They are incapable of thinking for themselves.  Sad.
pretzelhead wrote:
Mitt makes me vomit.
 

Mormons scare me.  Did you know that the book of mormon was translated from golden tablets found under a tree in New York?  Joe Smith had to use "magical spectacles" to translate the ancient egyptian text.
If you're not a mormon, you're a gentile.  They don't like gentiles.Mormons scare you? Than I guess you should be very afraid since 13 Million of them are currently residing on this planet, and many high profile whose who in this country are LDS.LOL, that cracks me up. BTW, Mormons love Gentiles. Chances are for every Mormon you know you have met or come in contact with, there are 4 or 5 more that you have met, but you haven't been made aware that they are LDS.BTW here is a link that shows an extensive list of "Famous Mormons" Many of them have done quite a bit to make your life a bit more comfortablehttp://www.famousmormons.net/Many of the CEO's and Chairman in the Business section will probably surprise you.Also the Science section that list has some pretty prominent figures.and of course my favorite list is the Sports Lists with figures like Steve Young, Wally Joyner, Dale Murphy and Danny Ainge among others.And if Romney makes you vomit because of his religious beliefs than you definitely have issues. Didn't we get past this over 40 years ago?No if you don't like him because you disagree with his politics that is another story. To each his own.

now_indy's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-07-28

Dust Bunny wrote:Thompson FTW
agreed. I predict Hillary vs. Thompson, Thompson wins.

DJRoss's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-22

Thompson won't survive scrutiny. Why do you think he has delayed 3 times his official announcement. He is trying very hard to slide into the race, but the scrutiny is already hitting his "campaign"For all the flip flop criticism that was thrown at Mitt early on, Thompson is going to get it even worse. Reason? He is a moderate and the GOP once the Hollywood effect of his running wears off, will begin poking holes into his character and platform.

Dust Bunny's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-05-07

DJRoss wrote:Thompson won't survive scrutiny. Why do you think he has delayed 3 times his official announcement. He is trying very hard to slide into the race, but the scrutiny is already hitting his "campaign"For all the flip flop criticism that was thrown at Mitt early on, Thompson is going to get it even worse. Reason? He is a moderate and the GOP once the Hollywood effect of his running wears off, will begin poking holes into his character and platform.
Thompson hasn't announced yet because he doesn't need to. He already leads in the many polls on the GOP side. The historical "jumping in" to the race has been in September.  Just because we now have a 24/7 all the time campaign, doesn't mean that he needs to do it.
The fact that the MSM is so anxious to dig up dirt on someone who hasn't officially announced is indicative of the fear that they have of him as a candidate against the one's they are so masterfully grooming for us to choose.  The dirt that they are trying to sling is nothing that anyone is taking seriously
Why do you think that the GOP would poke holes in Thompson's campaign because he is a moderate. You do realize that the majority of the GOP and the voters of this country are moderates?  Do you have the idea that all GOP voters are anti abortion, foaming, evangelicals?    Mostly if you dig into the "values" of the rank and file GOP you find a libertarian, fiscal conservative, moderate social policy type of person.  Just like the Dems the Repubs also have their fringe wackjobs.  No one pays attention to them.  
The smart candidates play to the middle ground, because we want to win.

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×