Rate of Decline

9 replies [Last post]
troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

What do you think, will the 1,000 between 12 and 13 be lost quicker than the 1,000 between 14 and 13?
I do, but I think the 1,000 between 12 and 11 will drip a little slower.
What do you think would happen if the peace loving reglion were to strike now?

blarmston's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-02-26

What do you think would happen if the peace loving reglion were to strike now?I think they should test their strategy on a small area, perhaps a 3x3 plot, in Georgia... A single calculated strike would make the world a better place.

BondGuy's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-09-21

DA, we are half way there.
Hedge funds are selling what they can get bids on. They can't get bids on MBS. They can get bids on stocks and things like Munis and LT bonds. Regarding munis, this creates a tremendous buying opportunity. There may be a better opportunity as this event unfolds, but even here for the LT buyer looking for coupon, this is a good time to buy.
If the peace loving religion struck, well, we'd have 1500 less points to fall than we did a month ago. That said, fear is fear, and what we're seeing today is panic. Retail investors throwing in the towel, hedge funds guys trying to get ahead of tomorrow's option exp, and shorts piling on. Could it get worse? Sure, but not by much.
The bull is old and has had a great run. Over the past year it really got ridiculous, up 25% plus year over year. I for one am glad to see the market blow off. It was long over due. A little blood in the streets, not a bad thing.  A little pain for long term gain.

YHWY's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-07-18

This has been a GREAT opportunity to talk to clients and to move some funds from stocks into some of the very attractive syndicate pfds. we're starting to see. This is a HUGE opportuniy to talk to your clients, build relationships and MAKE MONEY!

blarmston's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-02-26

Take a look at some of the massive discounts out there in the closed-end world... Could be a good opportunity to add to positions or build into new ones...

YHWY's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-07-18

I can't see into the future, like some present here, but this is starting to look like capitulation to me.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

YHWY wrote:I can't see into the future, like some present here, but this is starting to look like capitulation to me.Definitely panic, but I don't think it's panic yet blarm.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

joedabrkr wrote:
YHWY wrote:I can't see into the future, like some present here, but this is starting to look like capitulation to me.Definitely panic, but I don't think it's panic yet blarm.Sorry-correction-I don't think it's capitulation yet

Greenbacks's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-21

BondGuy wrote:
DA, we are half way there.
Hedge funds are selling what they can get bids on. They can't get bids on MBS. They can get bids on stocks and things like Munis and LT bonds. Regarding munis, this creates a tremendous buying opportunity. There may be a better opportunity as this event unfolds, but even here for the LT buyer looking for coupon, this is a good time to buy.
If the peace loving religion struck, well, we'd have 1500 less points to fall than we did a month ago. That said, fear is fear, and what we're seeing today is panic. Retail investors throwing in the towel, hedge funds guys trying to get ahead of tomorrow's option exp, and shorts piling on. Could it get worse? Sure, but not by much.
The bull is old and has had a great run. Over the past year it really got ridiculous, up 25% plus year over year. I for one am glad to see the market blow off. It was long over due. A little blood in the streets, not a bad thing.  A little pain for long term gain.

Good Post

YHWY's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-07-18

I picked up a few SEP $47 QQQQ Calls earlier. It'd be nice to be out of them by the end of the day. Anyway, got a few bucks where my mouth is, anyway.

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×