OK People...How Much Is Enough?

75 replies [Last post]
Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

March 3rd, 2009 9:43 PM Eastern
Obama’s Top Five Broken Promises

By Phil KerpenDirector of Policy, Americans for Prosperity
Promise #5: Sunlight Before Signing
What he said:
“Too often bills are rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them. As president, Obama will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.” (BarackObama.com campaign Web site)
What he did:
Obama signed the Lily Ledbetter bill, the SCHIP/cigarette tax hike, and the stimulus bill all with far less than a five-day waiting period that he promised–and continues to promise–on his campaign Web site.
Promise #4: Lobbyist Revolving Door
What he said:
“No political appointees in an Obama-Biden administration will be permitted to work on regulations or contracts directly and substantially related to their prior employer for two years. And no political appointee will be able to lobby the executive branch after leaving government service during the remainder of the administration.” (BarackObama.com campaign Web site)
What he did:
Obama appointed Goldman Sachs lobbyists Mark Patterson chief of staff at the Treasury Department, where he directly oversees his former employer, a recipient of $10 billion of taxpayer funds from the TARP. Obama also appointed Raytheon lobbyist William Lynn to be an undersecretary of Defense.
Promise #3: No Tax Hikes on the Poor
What he said first:
“I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.” (September 12, 2008, Dover, N.H.)
What he did first:
By signing H.R. 2 into law, Obama happily signed onto the idea that smokers should pay for a $35 billion expansion of the State Children’s Health Insurance Plan (SCHIP). Cigarette taxes are going up 61 cents a pack starting April 1. Obama signed this bill knowing that the majority of smokers in the United States are working poor, and one in four lives below the federal poverty line.
What he said next:
“If your family earns less than $250,000 a year, you will not see your taxes increased a single dime. I repeat: not one single dime.” (February 24th, 2009, Address to a Joint Session of Congress)
What he did next:
Ignored the already-hiked cigarette tax at the time of the statement and then this restated promise was broken just two days later, when the Obama’s budget proposal was released. His new budget raises 45 percent of its revenue from energy taxes that will be paid by everyone who fills a gas tank, pays an electric bill, or buys anything that was grown, shipped, or manufactured.
Promise #2: Pork Barrel Earmark Reform
What he said:
“The system is broken. We can no longer accept a process that doles out earmarks based on a member of Congress’ seniority, rather than the merit of the project. We can no longer accept an earmarks process that has become so complicated to navigate that a municipality or non-profit group has to hire high-priced D.C. lobbyists to do it. And we can no longer accept an earmarks process in which many of the projects being funded fail to address the real needs of our country.”
(Statement on Earmarks, March 10, 2008)
What he is expected to do:
The White House has signaled that it intends to sign the $410 billion Omnibus Appropriations bill, which according to Taxpayers for Common Sense, contains 8,570 earmarks totaling $7.7 billion, including dozens of wasteful pork-barrel projects. These earmarks were awarded based on seniority, not on merit, and were mostly the result of high-priced lobbying, precisely the process that Obama promised to end. When the omnibus reaches his desk later this week or next week, we’ll find out if this is one more broken promise.
Promise #1: Big Government
OK, so this one is more of a statement than a promise, but it’s the biggest whopper of all.
What he said:
“Not because I believe in bigger government — I don’t.” (February 24, 2009, Joint Address to Congress)
What he did:
Obama proposed a budget that is breathtaking in scope, a blueprint for the biggest permanent expansion of government in history right on the heels of a sweeping trillion dollar stimulus plan. The budget lays the foundation for a government takeover of the health care and energy sectors and dramatically increasing spending across the board, other than defense weapons programs. Spending as a percentage of the economy under this budget will reach the historic level of 27.7 percent this year. The deficit as a percent of the economy, at 12.3 percent, is set to be the biggest in the entire history of the country outside of the four peak years of World War II. Anyone who offers such a budget can only fairly be described as a believer in bigger government.
Phil Kerpen is director of policy for Americans for Prosperity.

Doksee's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-02

I'm sure many of us here do a schedule C. I believe this is where some real tax hikes will occur, because deductions will be taken or for that matter audits more stringent (why not, more gov't jobs).
 
But Americans love him, and don't understand this stuff. The American economy is chewing cocaine leaves now (not snorting). There will be panic buying (stocks). Might as well enjoy the ride and turn off Hannity for a while. Republican will win when inflation hits double digits, and we find out who the real poor ba*****s are.

Sam Houston's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-12-01

Awesome post Philo.

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

Sam Houston wrote:Awesome post Philo.
 
Thanks Sam!
 
What I find most disturbing is that the majority of the electorate apparently didn't see this coming.  Indeed, the electorate doesn't seem to see it staring them in the face.

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

A few comments -
 
I did not vote for Obama, but he is now the president, and he is now my President.  I hope to god that he does well, and IF he does, I will vote for him for a second term.
 
That being said, and we will never know his for sure, his race won the election (and I am not racist).  If you deleted all of the minority votes that he got, JUST because he IS a minority (or half minority), I don't think he would have won. 
 
I look at my local State Senator...and he's a great guy.  But if I saw him on the presidential ballot in 4 years, I just don't think i could vote for him.
 
I suppose this is a pointless rant, so I'm just going to stop now.  I know 2 things for sure...
 
I truly hope he does a good job.  And there is no way in hell I'd WANT his job!

anonymous's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-09-29

"That being said, and we will never know his for sure, his race won the election (and I am not racist).  If you deleted all of the minority votes that he got, JUST because he IS a minority (or half minority), I don't think he would have won."
 
Nope.  He got minority votes because he was a democrat.  Hillary would have gotten those same votes. 

Spaceman Spiff's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-08

I've not paid as much attention most other elections like I have this one.  I agree that his is the president and therefore I am hopeful his policies help make the country successful.  However, I don't believe he even remotely resembles the man a lot of people thought they were voting for.  Most of them saw him as Moses leading the chosen people out of slavery into the promised land.  They're now finding out that he's actually Charon ferrying people across the river Styx into Hades.  Charon charged everyone but Hercules two gold coins to make the crossing.  Obama's new budget does the same thing.  Question is how many levels down will we end up before we can start heading back up?    

buyandhold's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-09-23

Judge a person by who he hangs with. This guy hangs with unreformed 60s terrorists and Hyde Park liberals and wacky preachers. He is un-American. We elected a subversive radical to be president because we didn't want to look closely at his record (because we WANTED to believe in fairy tale.) Him and his low-class wife will be exposed soon enough.

Doksee's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-02

B&H, I like your name and I do believe you have correctly pointed out the other side of the liberal  mold (everything's relative & the government knows best).
Ice, you must be a trust fund baby. If my president watches while my revenues are down, fixed costs are the same, ( So what does that do to the profit of most small business?), and Pres. deems spending by the government "responsible" stimulus (versus cutting my taxes so I can hire one unemployed talented young advisor who should stay in this industry), then, he's YOUR Pres. At least he' "historic", too bad the Dems got him first.

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

anonymous wrote:
"That being said, and we will never know his for sure, his race won the election (and I am not racist).  If you deleted all of the minority votes that he got, JUST because he IS a minority (or half minority), I don't think he would have won."
 
Nope.  He got minority votes because he was a democrat.  Hillary would have gotten those same votes. 
 
Not true.  Yes, there are many votes any democrat would have gotten.  But there were MILLIONS of minorities that registered to vote for the first time in their lives because there was a minority running that had a shot @ winning.  Donovan McNabb and half the NFL included, and publicly admitted so. 
 
Doksee wrote:
B&H, I like your name and I do believe you have correctly pointed out the other side of the liberal  mold (everything's relative & the government knows best).
Ice, you must be a trust fund baby. If my president watches while my revenues are down, fixed costs are the same, ( So what does that do to the profit of most small business?), and Pres. deems spending by the government "responsible" stimulus (versus cutting my taxes so I can hire one unemployed talented young advisor who should stay in this industry), then, he's YOUR Pres. At least he' "historic", too bad the Dems got him first.
 
Go f*ck yourself.  Try learning how to read. 
 
My statement didn't speak to my opinion on how he is doing thus far.  I had my chance to vote, and I did.  I will have another chance in a few years.  And then I will.  I will cast my vote based on my opinion of how he does his job; not sit here an whine about every move he makes. 
 
Reading comprehension pwns you. 

bspears's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-08

He's a puppet...Reid and Pelosi will smack him down very quickly if they see a need to.  He is leading us to the slaughter house and Ice is singing "Lets rally around our president.  Class warfare is a losers game, Ice.  You need to wake up, step up and take a stand against taking from the rich and giving to some undeserving lazy sh*t, because they're "entitled" to a better life.  If you want to give more of yours to others...do it..but leave mine alone...I worked hard for it.  I took a risk and put capital to work..while others borrowed up to their eyeballs and now want  a bailout.  I call bullsh*t. 
If the prez would have said...make the dividend, cap gains, estate tax cuts permanent, lower corp tax rates to the lowest in the world.  Give a tax credit to companies that hire individuals AND pushed for a balanced budget amendment...I would think the markets would have shot up like a rocket. 
If I remember correctly, back after 9-11, many in the financial world stepped up and put their money to work in the markets...as patriots..as people who believed in the free markets..Bush CUT taxes to stimulate...How many money people have you heard pounding the desk saying their all in...heck if anything...their saying "I don't see anything of value right now..so we're on the sidelines"...to me thats a thumbs down on what "Hollywood" (Obama) is doing...

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

What the hell is wrong with you douchebags?  I never said I was on Obama fanboy.  I said, that he is my president.  He's YOUR president to.  I didn't say I love him.  I didn't even say I like him.  I didn't say I agree with what he is doing.  I said I won't sit around and bash him for the next 3.5 years.  I'll opine with my vote, and live with the results.  Welcome to democracy.

bspears's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-08

What really gets me..Ice is from the Midwest and he talks just like a liberal from Massachusetts...You liberal pig...rally..rally around your president...I hope like hell he goes the way of Jimmy Carter...

Sam Houston's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-12-01

This is the funniest thread ever!!!

Doksee's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-02

Ice, if you had the chance to go to the White House and stare into Obama's big, brown eyes ... or if you could have gone there and gotten a little prayer counseling and a Texas hug, now, be honest, you'd gone for a cigarette on the back porch with YOUR PRESIDENT.

YHWY's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-07-18

"Welcome to democracy." Above is the PRECISE problem. Our country is supposed to be a Representative Republic. It was NEVER intended to be a democracy.

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

When the man was elected, I vowed that I would support him when, in conscience, I could, and further hope and pray that he'd be successful for all of our sakes. It didn't take long to blow THAT out of the water!

How, for example, did we pass the largest spending bill (the bailout) in the history of the world, and NO ONE EVEN READ THE DAMN THING??!!? How do we elect a reform candidate who promised to reign in if not eliminate pork-barrel spending, and then watch that same candidate make one of his first orders of business sign a $410BN pork-laded omnibus spending package? The hypocrisy, not to mention the hubris, is mind numbing. We've got to let these clowns know NOW that we're on to them...we can't wait for the next presidential election cycle. There won't be anything left.

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

bspears wrote:
What really gets me..Ice is from the Midwest and he talks just like a liberal from Massachusetts...You liberal pig...rally..rally around your president...I hope like hell he goes the way of Jimmy Carter...
 
Are you f***ing dense?  I'm not from the midwest.  I didn't vote for Obama.  I'm not a liberal. 
 
I agree with almost everything that's been said so far.  You really are mentally challenged aren't you? 
 
All I said was that I'm not going to sit around here and talk sh*t about the guy. 
 
Ya know, I'm not even going to respond to your posts anymore.  You really are a douche. 

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

Doksee wrote:
Ice, if you had the chance to go to the White House and stare into Obama's big, brown eyes ... or if you could have gone there and gotten a little prayer counseling and a Texas hug, now, be honest, you'd gone for a cigarette on the back porch with YOUR PRESIDENT.
 
Are you and Spears having a contest to see who can be more of a retard?  You're making it really hard for me to decide.
 
Newsflash:  If you are an American citizen, he is YOUR president too.
 
BTW, I don't smoke anymore. 

Doksee's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-02

Okay, you're cool. I tried to be positive about Obama, and you're doing better job, that's all. I think what Congress and O are doing now WILL make the market settle, so in that sense I'm grateful he's OUR president. :).

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

Doksee wrote:
Okay, you're cool. I tried to be positive about Obama, and you're doing better job, that's all. I think what Congress and O are doing now WILL make the market settle, so in that sense I'm grateful he's OUR president. :).
 
Please point to where "I'm doing a better job" in being positive about Obama?  Specifically. 

Doksee's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-02

 I hope to god that he does well,
 
(extra credit)
 
and IF he does, I will vote for him for a second term.
 
This is way more politics than I should be writing, but I'm waiting for an appointment to walk in at any moment: okay, hoping to God that he does well is just reasonable, until the Dem spin Karl Rove wannabees took it to Rush (comical). Rush is kinda of fat boy doushe bag, but he's right in saying if Obama succeeds, we'll all be wearing Mao suits.

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

LOL!  This is the evidence you point out that I'm trying to "be positive about Obama?"  LOL!  Wow, I was right about the reading comprehension thing.
You got me Doksee.  I DO want the president of the United States to do a good job, and IF HE DOES I will vote for him for a second time.  You got me man.  I'm such an Obama fanboy. 
Admin, please add 12 total points to the cumulative IQ score of the forum membership, Doksee is here. 

Doksee's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-02

Ice, hoping Obama does well while he centralizes economic decision making is like buying a stock just because it goes down. It depends on your definition of "does well". For example, some folks would find the White House attacking Rush for saying he hopes Obama won't do well (expanding government) as ironic. ( Call it the "irony of hope". " Don't question me, it's unpatriotic not to get behind your president ". )
 
You don't have to defend yourself, man, just explain yourself. Try to articulate yourself or ask questions. I do know I am smart, but not smarter than the others here. Even Bobby, whose web site "dungeon" where I once suffered a virtual death, is smart.
 

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

Why do you continually put words in my mouth?  I said, "I hope he does well."  I didn't define "well," I did stipulate a time frame, and I made no comment as to his past, current, or imminent actions.  I said I hope he does well, and that if he does, I will vote for him in the next election - and even went so far as to say that I did not vote for him this time.
 
You somehow take it upon yourself to attack my comment, and treat me like some type of Obama fanboy.  Good luck with that.
 
PS - Bobby's website isn't a "dungeon" - a lot of those guys are more than willing to help anyone out, and share their POV.  Bobby just has less of a tolerance for clowns than most people..and he's even been working on that lately. 

bspears's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-08

All I read from your posts.."Liberal douchebag, I love Obama, I want a cramdown on the house I couldn't afford"...Damn the cat is out of the bag...why don't you move to f*ing China, butt plug.

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

bspears wrote:All I read from your posts.."Liberal douchebag, I love Obama, I want a cramdown on the house I couldn't afford"...Damn the cat is out of the bag...why don't you move to f*ing China, butt plug.
 
Well, it's been clear to me for a long time that you don't really know how to read, so this statement doesn't surprise me.
 
I'm not a democrat.  I'm not a liberal.  I'm just not as much of a whiner as you. 

apprentice's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-06-06

Can we all agree (as crazy as this sounds), that this was the only scenario where Hillary would have actually been the preferred (Democrat) candidate for President?
 
Jindal 2012!!
 

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

apprentice wrote: Can we all agree (as crazy as this sounds), that this was the only scenario where Hillary would have actually been the preferred (Democrat) candidate for President?
 
Jindal 2012!!
 

No, I'm afraid that I can't agree with that.

Not at all.

apprentice's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-06-06

Thanks Philo - you're right, she would have been just as much a disaster. 

jkl1v1n6's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-06

Let me start by saying I'm pretty much pissed off with all politicians and our political system in general.  We all don't like Obama and his policies but what exactly was going so well during Bush's time in office. 

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

jkl1v1n6 wrote:Let me start by saying I'm pretty much pissed off with all politicians and our political system in general.  We all don't like Obama and his policies but what exactly was going so well during Bush's time in office. 
 
I'm not suggesting that there isn't plenty of blame to go around, but the economy was doing fine until the mid-term elections when Pelosi et al took over the Congress.

jkl1v1n6's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-06

I agree with you that the economy was humming along but the housing market (which IMHO is the cause) and all that is now associated with it couldn't last forever.  That is why we are were we are!  To me this isn't necessarily a political blame game.  They are all at fault.  Only time will tell if the decisions our politicians are making now will have the desired effect, if not we all have to power to change it with our vote.  Of course all we get with change is more self-serving government officials.

Doksee's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-02

There's little question, both parties helped get us into the mortgage crisis. It would just be nice to have some (real) business people leading us out. The Dems, throwing an entire social agenda in with a stimulus plan is just plain irresponsible.
 
Stabilizing the banking system is mandatory, the way is has been done is almost comical. And now, the socialist treatment of the auto makers (while the union leadership parties in their $400 rooms in FL) is the icing on the cake for those who know better than "us". America thinks Obama is doing a great job. Econonic ignorance ( the lack of economic education and savvy) plays out in America.
 
Thank God the market is greedy. This too shall pass. But the common (ice) man needs to get focused on what is important to America playing to its greatest strengths, which does not include some kind of all-knowing (Democratic) leadership.
 
Pelosi et al IS the problem with America, and Wall Street knows it.
 
 

bspears's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-08

Ok Ice..fess up...how many obama pictures do you have on your walls....come on now...3..maybe 5 if you count the one above the toilet.

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

bspears wrote:
Ok Ice..fess up...how many obama pictures do you have on your walls....come on now...3..maybe 5 if you count the one above the toilet.
 
Sorry Spears.  I only keep nude pictures of your wife in my house.

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

Doksee wrote:
 
Thank God the market is greedy. This too shall pass. But the common (ice) man needs to get focused on what is important to America playing to its greatest strengths, which does not include some kind of all-knowing (Democratic) leadership.
 
 
You have no f*cking clue what I believe pal.  Your snide, glancing remarks are really starting to irritate me.  I'd be willing to bet a tidy sum that I've forgotten more about economics than you presently think you know, son. 

buyandhold's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-09-23

iceco1d wrote:Doksee wrote:
 
Thank God the market is greedy. This too shall pass. But the common (ice) man needs to get focused on what is important to America playing to its greatest strengths, which does not include some kind of all-knowing (Democratic) leadership.
 
 
You have no f*cking clue what I believe pal.  Your snide, glancing remarks are really starting to irritate me.  I'd be willing to bet a tidy sum that I've forgotten more about economics than you presently think you know, son. 
 
Economics? Read any Karl Marx lately ..... comrade?
 
Sincerely, Colonel Flagg
 

Doksee's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-02

Okay, Ice. Economics happens to be my passion. But when I mentioned wanting tax cuts (for my small business) instead of the federal government making spending decisions, your reading comprehension was zero. Seriously, are you like, a trust fund baby or what? Defend yourself with logic, "old man". We're all trying to make sense of things.

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

No thanks.  The communist Manifesto isn't my style of reading.
 
I'm going to ask 1 more time...please point out where I said that I agree with, well, anything Obama has done to this point?  Please.  Just once.
 
I don't mean to resort to name calling...but some of you guys are coming across as real numbskulls. 
 
 

bspears's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-08

I can't wait to stand in line for my bread handout...just me and my old pal ICE...talking about the good ol days.  At least he will have pictures of my wife...she now lives with her parents and 6 cousins...in a community housing project...selling herself to feed our children...wearing big ass combat boots...
I love Pelosi, Reed, Obama, Frank...the real forward thinking leaders.  Thanks for pointing this out to all of us Ice...rally around the president...yes comrade...the supreme leader is cool isn't he...

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

Doksee wrote:Okay, Ice. Economics happens to be my passion.
But when I mentioned wanting tax cuts (for my small business) instead of the federal government making spending decisions, your reading comprehension was zero.
 
Again, please quote something that I said that validates this accusation. 
 
In reality, if you were capable of reading at more than a 5th grade level, you wouldn't be making this accusation.  I'm in total agreement with you, and the rest of the posters on this thread, and likely this forum. 
 
Since it unfortunately has to come to this, I'll spell it out for you...I disagree very strongly with how the Obama administration & the dems have utilized their political power.  The Pork, the (attempted) bailouts, the TARP, TARF, ALL OF IT, is almost complete b.s. 
 
I'm not going into anymore bashing of the government right now, because I don't have time, and I don't care to.  Everyone on here has an opinion and a "monday morning quarterback" POV. 
 
I simply have no desire to sit here and bash politicians, and act as if I have all of the answers.
 
Seriously, are you like, a trust fund baby or what? Defend yourself with logic, "old man". We're all trying to make sense of things.
 
As I said.  I'm probably in total agreement with you, and most others here.  You're just apparently too dense to get that.  You are SO whiny, that my uttering of the NAME "Obama" offends you.  Get over yourself.
 
Trust fund baby I am not (although, admittedly, I'd jump at the chance to be one!).  I am an ex-small business owner.  I have chosen the same career path as you (I have to assume you are an RR?).  It shouldn't be such a surprise that I probably have similar economic and political views as you...but then again we go back to that reading comprehension thing again.
 
Once more...you accuse me of being an Obama-lover.  A liberal.  A democrat.  Hell, some genius even came up with the idea to associate me with Karl Marx/Socialism/Communism!  NICE!   I invite any of you, to please post a quote of mine that would make me deserving of those comments.  One single shread of evidence that I said, or even hinted, that I deserve them.  Please.  Do it.  I dare you.  Doesn't even have to be in this thread...find it anywhere on this forum. 
 
I think the more likely case is that I never did say anything of the kind.  You are just in a sour mood because your practice is failing and/or crumbling around you, and you just want to sit behind your desk all day and attack someone to make yourself feel better.
 
Sorry, you barked up the wrong tree.
 

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

bspears wrote:I can't wait to stand in line for my bread handout...just me and my old pal ICE...talking about the good ol days.  At least he will have pictures of my wife...she now lives with her parents and 6 cousins...in a community housing project...selling herself to feed our children...wearing big ass combat boots...
I love Pelosi, Reed, Obama, Frank...the real forward thinking leaders.  Thanks for pointing this out to all of us Ice...rally around the president...yes comrade...the supreme leader is cool isn't he...
 
Everytime you post something, you look like more and more of a dolt.  You know damn well I didn't vote for one of those people.  You know damn well I'm a republican.  You know damn well I'm pro-capitalism and pro free-market-economy. 
 
In fact, I strongly dislike Pelosi (not saying I do, or do not, like any of the others)...I think she is an evil person. 
 
You're still bitter because you tried to pick on a few EDJ newbies because you are a bitter, bitter little man, and I embarrassed you.  Find a new hobby Spears - starting internet debates with me usually ends poorly for you. 

Doksee's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-02

You are just in a sour mood because your practice is failing and/or crumbling around you, and you just want to sit behind your desk all day and attack someone to make yourself feel better.
 

Okay, I accept your apology for uttering words that would suggest you are a liberal.
 
If you're a golfer, we might be friends, who knows.
 
So I'm well into my second decade of running my independent practice, sure my revenues are down, but basically I'm bored out of my mind.
 
Sorry if I gave you the impression I was attacking you to make myself feel better. Dude, I'm almost manic about the prospect of cleaning up on this messing, once money starts really moving again, with what, 1/3 less rr's? F*** the Socialists.
 
 

buyandhold's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-09-23

Ice, I was just kidding, and I assume these other guys are, too.

bspears's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-08

Ice I'm so sorry. Now I understand, we all just misunderstood you and your gay analogy about backing the pres..because you want us all to get along.  Man..did I make a huge mistake.  Thanks man...thanks for making me see the light.  I'm so glad you're not a socialist, gay, overweight, welfare baby type of person.  I will be more social with you. 
 
 
 
douchebag

Spaceman Spiff's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-08

ice - Don't worry too much about spears.  Unless you agree wholeheartedly with him about everything he thinks you're gay, stupid, or a db.  At least he's not arguing much these days with me about EDJ.  Hopefully he's moved on from there. 

bspears's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-08
Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

Doksee wrote:You are just in a sour mood because your practice is failing and/or crumbling around you, and you just want to sit behind your desk all day and attack someone to make yourself feel better.
 

Okay, I accept your apology for uttering words that would suggest you are a liberal.
 
If you're a golfer, we might be friends, who knows.
 
So I'm well into my second decade of running my independent practice, sure my revenues are down, but basically I'm bored out of my mind.
 
Sorry if I gave you the impression I was attacking you to make myself feel better. Dude, I'm almost manic about the prospect of cleaning up on this messing, once money starts really moving again, with what, 1/3 less rr's? F*** the Socialists.
 
 

 
Terrific.  I'd much rather talk about something productive than argue about this nonsense! 
 
I'm an absolutely terrible golfer btw, although I do enjoy it thoroughly. 
 
Spears - It's sad that you washed out of one of the most lenient firms in the country during a bull market.  Couldn't even manage to stay within 40% of "standard" at an easy firm, I understand why you're bitter.
 
It's OK man, the other band geeks will still be impressed that you're a 'stock broker' at class reunions. 

Doksee's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-02

Good s***, mon. Just remind me when I get pissed off -  that you're teasing.

jkl1v1n6's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-06

And this one time at band camp!

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×