Skip navigation

Mikebutler222

or Register to post new content in the forum

14 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jan 31, 2008 8:22 pm

Did I miss something?  I mean, I know that mike can be a bit combative at times, but I find many of his posts useful and reading through his recent posts, I can’t figure out why he got sent to the troll-house.

...especially when you consider how long some real trolls were allowed to pollute this forum in the past...
Jan 31, 2008 9:34 pm

What happened to Bobby Hull?

Jan 31, 2008 10:02 pm

How do you know he got the boot?

Jan 31, 2008 10:52 pm

His recent posts are under the header of “troll” and I can’t find him in the membership list.

Jan 31, 2008 11:01 pm

That’s news to me - if he got the boot for some reason I sure missed it.

Jan 31, 2008 11:34 pm

[quote=Borker Boy]What happened to Bobby Hull?[/quote]

He has his own board to play on.  Heavy on the insurance and annuity conversations.

Feb 1, 2008 12:45 pm
Maxstud:

[quote=Borker Boy]What happened to Bobby Hull?[/quote]

He has his own board to play on.  Heavy on the insurance and annuity conversations.

Which one are you referring to?   If it's r e g reps . com, you're mistaken.  The insurance forum is collecting dust, and there is a spirited discussion on 403bs.  Nothing in the way of annuity conversations recently.    Certainly, a change of pace from the Jones-bashing and stories of strippers trying to break into the business, but we like it.
Feb 1, 2008 3:29 pm

You’ll like it as long as you don’t disagree with Bobby.  Or until you agree with someone else who disagrees with Bobby.  Then he’ll boot you off his site forever. 

Feb 1, 2008 5:38 pm
Indyone:

His recent posts are under the header of “troll” and I can’t find him in the membership list.

Does that mean he can no longer post?   I hope not.  Mikebutler222 is one of the go to contributors to this forum. Lots of insight coming from him as well as his being one of best debaters I've run across on the net.   Outside of business there is little MB222 and I agree on. However, I have a ton of respect for him.
Feb 1, 2008 6:51 pm
deekay:

[quote=Maxstud] [quote=Borker Boy]What happened to Bobby Hull?[/quote]

Which one are you referring to?   If it's r e g reps . com, you're mistaken.  The insurance forum is collecting dust, and there is a spirited discussion on 403bs.  Nothing in the way of annuity conversations recently.    Certainly, a change of pace from the Jones-bashing and stories of strippers trying to break into the business, but we like it.[/quote]

I am talking about regreps and most of the forums are collecting dust over there.  The threads that are usually active tend to be about annuities and life insurance.  Nothing wrong with that just not real interesting for me is all.
Feb 1, 2008 6:51 pm

I think that’s correct, BG…I just don’t understand why it happened.

...and yes, he has very good debating skills...he & I once went round and round about a subject I no longer remember...not politics...probably along the lines of indy vs. wirehouse since that's the only thing of substance I can recall having a significant difference with him on.  I remember him as a very worthy opponent, but ultimately, we made our peace and got along just fine.  I'm personally sorry to see him booted even though we didn't always agree on everything.
Feb 1, 2008 7:31 pm

Say what you may about Bobby and regreps, but you won’t see strippers, BJ queens or the like continuing to waste everyone’s time there.  And the (thankfully few) EDJ posts are given their own area so those of us who don’t give a rip about the never ending Jones fights can easily avoid seeing virtually every post disintegrating into yet another 'Jones is the best" vs. “Jones sucks” rants.  Think of it as the “who cares about Jones?” section of the forum.

Finally, you don’t get NEARLY as many of the “How do I get into the business?” or “what firm should a 22 year old with no experience join?” posts.  You would think more twenty-somethings would be forum savvy enough to use the search function rather than ask the same questions over and over again, but obviously that is not the case.

I don’t always agree with Bobby including his expulsion of a couple people here who I think often add a  lot to a discussion, but I don’t miss the other stuff.

Feb 1, 2008 8:33 pm

Feb 2, 2008 3:48 pm

[quote=joedabrkr]
Don’t forget to tell them the part about Bobby’s long history of outing posters he doesn’t like…people who value their anonymity should consider that before joining bobby’s playground.
[/quote]

Fair enough.  I agree if that is true that’s a serious issue.  It just would be nice to have the benefits of an actively moderated forum without other baggage.