High-Frequency Trading

14 replies [Last post]
Still@jones's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-22

Is this adding value to the markets or is it just manipulating and draining money?

fired@jones's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-12-13

Still@jones wrote: Is this adding value to the markets or is it just manipulating and draining money?

Are you adding value or just draining money?

Squash1's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-19

Still@jones wrote:Is this adding value to the markets or is it just manipulating and draining money?
 
Are you even registered anymore... This why you failed. Stop worrying about it and build a book, because without a book, you can't add value..

Still@jones's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-22

fired@jones wrote: Still@jones wrote: Is this adding value to the markets or is it just manipulating and draining money?

Are you adding value or just draining money?Volt & Windy are back again!!! (probably sitting on each other's lap)What would inspire anyone to create a mock screen-name in my honor?I must have said something right!And Squash1 - I am absolutely registered. What would give you the idea that I am not?

Squash1's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-19

If you get cut by Jones I didn't know anywhere else would take you... Where did you end up?

Still@jones's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-22

Squash1 wrote:If you get cut by Jones I didn't know anywhere else would take you... Where did you end up?If you have a good reason for getting cut from Jones, everyone will take you. One guy I interviewed with told me a person who got let go from Jones and is hired here has a 30% chance of succeeding. It was a big company, so I'm sure these are hard numbers. Much better than the 5% average of new hires...and no training costs (I already had 7, 66 & insurance).  I'm with a large mutual insurance company, although the agency I am with is focused on investments.

DeBolt's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-07-12

fired@jones wrote: Still@jones wrote: Is this adding value to the markets or is it just manipulating and draining money? Are you adding value or just draining money?
Thats a damn funny screen name!!
 
Still@jones wrote:One guy I interviewed with told me a person who got let go from Jones and is hired here has a 30% chance of succeeding. It was a big company, so I'm sure these are hard numbers. Much better than the 5% average of new hires...and no training costs (I already had 7, 66 & insurance).  If you didn't take the job why would you not mention the company?

fired@jones's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-12-13

Well, I'm not even registered - Just selling insurance.

Stevenjack's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-11-25

I think high frequency trading adding the value to the market.

DeonLee's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-12-17

I think adding value to the market is best.

SometimesNowhere's picture
Joined: 2008-12-22

DeonLee wrote: I think adding value to the market is best.
 
Weird! I too also think that me adding value to at the market is the goodest.

chief123's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-28

Still@jones wrote: Squash1 wrote:If you get cut by Jones I didn't know anywhere else would take you... Where did you end up?If you have a good reason for getting cut from Jones, everyone will take you. One guy I interviewed with told me a person who got let go from Jones and is hired here has a 30% chance of succeeding. It was a big company, so I'm sure these are hard numbers. Much better than the 5% average of new hires...and no training costs (I already had 7, 66 & insurance).  I'm with a large mutual insurance company, although the agency I am with is focused on investments.
 
What qualifies as a good reason?

Still@jones's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-22

DeBolt wrote:fired@jones wrote: Still@jones wrote: Is this adding value to the markets or is it just manipulating and draining money? Are you adding value or just draining money?
Thats a damn funny screen name!!

Still@jones wrote:One guy I interviewed with told me a person who got let go from Jones and is hired here has a 30% chance of succeeding. It was a big company, so I'm sure these are hard numbers. Much better than the 5% average of new hires...and no training costs (I already had 7, 66 & insurance).  If you didn't take the job why would you not mention the company?I'm with one of the top 4 mutuals - the firm was one of the 4. a good reason is that Jones sucks my a$$!

AllenMass's picture
Offline
Joined: 2010-02-18

Yes ,it is the best.The term penny stock refers to any stock that is
traded outside one of the major exchanges. The definition of a penny stock is a
low priced speculative security. From www.coolpennystocks.com you can know more extra things about penny stocks.

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

Still@jones wrote:Is this adding value to the markets or is it just manipulating and draining money?
 
High frequency traders who make money add value to themselves and will stick around. Those who don't will blow out and bow out. It is an irrelevant discussion. Does having a McD's, Burger King, Wendy's, Arby's in the same city add value or drain money ? Who cares ? The ones who don't succeed will drain their own money and fail.
 
Still@jones - I usually defend you, but the firm you work for is irrelevant. Don't sit there and brag that "Im at a top 4 mutual." For instance, I work for the "most respected bank." You know what that does for me, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×