Skip navigation

Have to take CE-101 course. What is that?

or Register to post new content in the forum

11 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
May 16, 2010 1:20 am

I got hit with a minor infraction with the State of FL and so they mandated I take NASD CE-101 course. At first it was supposed to be within 90 days of activation of my registration, but now my registration is on hold until I take this course which I am scheduled to do Monday.

I see it is a 3 1/2 course, but have no idea what it is actually on, or if it is something I am supposed to be studying for. Tried looking it up online without much avail. I have been a rep for 6 years.

Thanks! 

May 16, 2010 2:01 am

I think you are referring to the following items.

http://www.finra.org/Industry/Compliance/ContinuingEducation/P120266 

http://www.finra.org/web/groups/industry/@ip/@comp/@ced/documents/industry/p120307.pdf     how come you haven't been told anything from your Compliance department.

Hope it helps

May 16, 2010 2:44 am

just got hired 3 weeks ago and they just told me they heard back from the state and I needed to take the CE class now.

Just looked at the PDF...shit, I might as well be taking the Series 7 again without any studying. FANTASTIC...shoot me now.

Thanks

May 16, 2010 5:15 pm

it was the fault of your previous employer for to have taken the CE course...and of course yourself to be knowledgeable of your responsibilities.  Check with your compliance department but if I recall correctly you can't fail the exam.

Take it easy, if the weather ic nice where you are have a drink or 5 outside and get to sleep early.

May 16, 2010 6:20 pm

FINRAs site says if you fail you can retake it another day. It just looks like I am taking the Series 7 Exam all over again which sucks since some of those things I haven't used in my career...like margin, reg T, etc...should be interesting.

May 16, 2010 11:01 pm

Its not a pass / fail test.  And if you have sold or bought a security then you use reg T lol.

May 16, 2010 11:23 pm

I know. Just saying...but it is pass / fail per FINRA's site. If you fail one of the 4 modules you don't pass and have to come again another day it says.

May 17, 2010 3:17 am

Yankee,

If you fail one of the modules ....... perhaps this isn't the profession for you.

May 19, 2010 11:09 pm

Yankee,

So how did you do?

May 19, 2010 11:20 pm

passed. It was such a breeze. It sounded tougher from the FINRA site, but it was about as easy as one could make it. Thanks again!

Jul 2, 2015 11:08 am

I’m really glad to hear that, YankeeNole. I was told yesterday that I needed to do the CE (inactive for over 1 year), and sitting for the exam in less than 2 hours. I’ve been sweating over it since, didn’t sleep very well. When someone explained to me yesterday, that it was a “situational” exam, and all I had to do was pick the most appropriate decision/action, I felt better. Glad that you posted your outcome. Even if it was 5 years earlier.