Skip navigation

Expect 1800+ Point Drop Tomorrow!

or Register to post new content in the forum

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Mar 25, 2008 11:19 pm

More doom & gloom.

The Icelandic Central Bank just raised interest rates to 15%. Analysts expect widespread foreclosures and a steep drop in the price of igloos. Given the historic correlations between Iceland's market and the Dow, and the fact the many large US money center banks hold igloo mortgage paper, many analysts suspect this will be the final tipping point into insolvency. Also, the Fed has announced that it will not buy igloo mortgage paper; thus, creating additional capital problems for the banks.   Well, I hate to say it, but I told you so. In numerous posts, I have said that igloo paper is cr*p and nobody listened. Scaremonger, nutjob is what you called me.   Well......who's the nutjob, now?   http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601068&sid=aUg1HvugYbfw&refer=economy
Mar 25, 2008 11:55 pm

wow that is incredibly frightening lol

Mar 26, 2008 12:52 am

I’m thinking that the Krona is going to skyrocket! The dollar is wrecked!

Mar 26, 2008 1:38 am

Dobe, regardless of where the market goes, you’ll always be our favorite nutjob…

Mar 26, 2008 11:21 pm

Sorry Guys & Girls. In retrospect, my post wasn’t funny at all. Blame it on my allergy meds.

Geeesh, no wonder Letterman doesn't return my calls.
Mar 26, 2008 11:50 pm

Did you mean an 1800 point drop STARTING tomorrow?  You could still be right.

Mar 28, 2008 11:30 pm

Doberman–I’ve got some good meds at the house that will raise the sky for you–its been two days and you are no where near dropping 1,800 points!  Never mind I’ll take em!

Hope they wear off before Monday!