The enactment of the American Taxpayer Relief Act (ATRA) in early 2013 gave the vast majority of U.S. taxpayers a reason to breathe a collective sigh of relief. Among ATRA’s more important changes, the $5 million federal estate tax exemption was made permanent, with an inflation adjustment setting the exemption at $5.25 million in 2013, followed by incremental increases each subsequent year. For the first time in over 12 years, there’s a reasonable degree of clarity ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"The Golden Age of Estate Planning" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.