Research finds that in 2011, advisors were managing record levels of assets in the history of the survey.
The 2011 Rydex|SGI AdvisorBenchmarking survey of more than 300 RIA firms, conducted online from February to May 2011, explored current industry trends for advisory firms. As the market environment continued its recovery in 2010, so did the RIA business—as assets continued to rebound to reach record levels in the aftermath of the 2008 turmoil and related asset setbacks. With market volatility continuing, RIAs are increasing the focus on more high-touch relationships with clients and spending more time on marketing than on business administration. A significant trend in investment management has been increased asset allocation to alternatives to protect and diversify client portfolios. Advisors continue to see their use of alternatives and ETFs increasing in the coming years.
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Annual Survey Results—2011" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.