Kentucky-based Hilliard Lyons opened a new office Friday with four former advisors from Wells Fargo Advisors. The new Bowling Green office will house the Jennings Perry Schmitt Financial Group, which consists of Mike Jennings, Shawn Perry, Hal Schmitt and Drew Richey. The group also brought over registered client service associate Melissa Steele, financial associate Josh Marson and client service associate Ellen Wilson.
- Following the death of Muriel "Mickie" Siebert last month, the Siebert Financial Corp. appointed Suzanne Shank as acting CEO on Thursday. Additionally, Shank will continue in her role as President and CEO of the municipal finance firm Siebert Brandford Shank & Co. which she co-founded with Siebert and Napoleon Brandford in 1996. The board of directors also named current board members Jane H. Macon as chairwoman, and Robert Mazzarella as vice chairman.
- UBS picked up an advisor with $345 million in AUM in North Carolina, a spokesman said Monday. E. Gray Smith, III came aboard from Morgan Stanley, along with his team of registered client service associates Toni Murphy and Laura Norgaard.
- RCS Capital Corp., and its broker/dealer Realty Capital Securities, has a new leader at the helm, as Larry Roth joined as CEO last Thursday. Previously, Roth served as president and CEO of , which encompass FSC Securities Corporation, Royal Alliance Associates, Sagepoint Financial, Inc. and Woodbury Financial Services. Roth assumes the role of CEO from Michael Weil, who will become RCS' Chairman, the firm said.
- Raymond James beefed up its Dallas office with the addition of Stephen Valelly last Wednesday. A 33-year industry veteran specializing in foreign exchange, Valelly was previously with Jefferies & Company and managed more than $100 million in client assets.
- Brinker Capital launched Brinker Investment Services last Thursday. The unit will focus on serving the needs of independent investment advisors, expanding the firm’s footprint outside of the insurance channel where Brinker’s advisors typically operate their practices. Brinker hired Frank Pizzichillo, formerly the director of business development for MarketCounsel, as RIA regional director. He will work under Bill Simon, who will serve as managing director of the new investment services unit.
- Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. added a former Wells Fargo advisor and financial associate to its Northfield, N.J. last Tuesday. David J. Karp joined the firm as a senior vice president of investments and Vicki M. Winterbottomjoined the office as a senior registered financial associate, bringing a combined total of over 40 years of experience.
- Wells Fargo recently picked up five advisors for its Private Client Group with a total combined $966 million in assets under management, a spokeswoman said last week. The firm nabbed former UBS advisor Lou Walsh for its Jacksonville, Fla. office. The 17-year veteran has $287 million in AUM. Meanwhile Eric Zakarin joined the Westfield, N.J. office with $261 million in AUM from Morgan Stanley. And Wells Fargo’s New York Penn Center branch lured away the $418 million team of Courtenay Hathcock, Frederick Rossetter and William (Bill) Black from UBS.
- GenSpring Family Offices promoted David Vines to president of the firm’s Charlotte family office last week. In his new position, Vines oversee all operations and delivery of multi-family office and investment management services to client families throughout the Carolinas.