Advocates of alternative investing often point to the market crash of 2008 and 2009 as a good reason to hold more than just stocks, bonds and cash in a portfolio. During that period, being long-only in the three traditional asset classes meant there was practically no way to avoid the damaging effects of increasingly interdependent equity and fixed-income markets that fell simultaneously. More than once in the past dozen years, significant market turbulence has persuaded advisors to at ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Advisors Increase Usage of Alternative Investments: More Varied Risk Measures Are Being Incorporated into Diversified Asset Allocation Strategies" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.