"Estate and Retirement Planning Answer Book," by William Mitchell, (ISBN 1567063217, Aspen Publishers, §118)
"Estate Planning and Taxation 1999," by John Bost, (ISBN 0787249823, Kendall/Hunt Publishing Co., §63.95)
"Everything Your Heirs Need to Know," by David Magee and John Ventura, (ISBN 0793129877, Dearborn Trade, §19.95)
"Fundamentals of Estate Planning," by Constance Fontaine, (ISBN 1579960103, The American College, §50)
"Generations: Planning Your Legacy," by Renno Peterson and Robert Esperti, (ISBN 0922943133, Esperti Peterson Institute, §49.95)
"Price on Contemporary Estate Planning," by John Price, (ISBN 0316718610, Aspen Publishers, §145)
"60 Minute Estate Planner," by Sandy Kraemer, (ISBN 0735200602, Prentice-Hall Press, §20)
Estate Cost Estimator, §229, Kettley Publishing; www.kettley.com; 800/777-3162 or 949/752-4927
Estate Planning Tools, §349 plus §99 a year, Brentmark Software; www.brentmark.com; 800/879-6665 or 407/679-6665
NumberCruncher '98, §349 plus §99 a year, Leimberg & LeClair Inc.; www.leimberg.com; 610/527-5216
The Estate & Trust Planner, §499 plus §150 a year, Cheshire Software; www.cheshire.com; 800/734-6734 or 617/527-4000
National Association of Estate Planners and Councils--Focuses on accounting, insurance, law and trust services. In addition to AEP designation, the group has local councils reps can join. Contact the group at 610/526-1389 or www.naepc.org.
National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys--Teaches attorneys to team up with other professionals in a client-focused approach to estate planning. Reps can get attorney referrals and attend an annual meeting. Contact the group at 303/446-6100 or www.netplanning.com.
College for Financial Planning, 800/237-9990 or www.fp.edu
Online Interactive Courses (from §45 to §135)
* Estate Planning for Investment Clients
* Estate Planning for Special Situations
* Estate Planning, Process and Goals
* The Federal Estate Tax
* The Federal Gift Tax
* Income Tax and Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Issues
* Introduction to Life Insurance and Annuities
* Methods of Estate Transfer at Death
* Methods of Estate Transfer During Life
* Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997: Estate and Gift Taxation.
Self-Study Audiotape Programs
* Advanced Estate Planning, §485
* Case Studies in Estate Planning, §485
* Estate and Insurance Planning for Business Owners, §485
* Estate Planning--Cutting-Edge Techniques, §85
* Estate Planning for Qualified Plans and IRAs, §85
* Planned Giving--A New Dimension, §75
* The Use of Trusts in Estate Planning, §485.
The American College, 610/526-1459 or www.amercoll.edu
The American College, in conjunction with the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils, offers the Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) designation.
Self-Study Courses (§45 each)
* Federal Gift Taxation
* Introduction to Estate and Gift Tax Planning
* Sophisticated Methods of Charitable Giving Though Life Insurance
* The Basics of Charitable Giving Through Life Insurance
* The Use of Life Insurance in Estate Planning.