Goldman Sach’s recent report on the hedge fund industry has confirmed what a lot of investors and advisors have intuitively known for some time: hedge funds are overpriced and produce mediocre returns. Surveying more than 700 funds, Goldman found they returned just five percent this year, compared to the 15 percent gain in the S&P 500. More telling, perhaps, is the firm’s finding that only five percent of the funds actually outperformed the S&P, while more than ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Guess What? Hedge Funds Are Expensive" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.